Author Topic: The Hammond Collection  (Read 7435 times)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
The Hammond Collection
« on: March 29, 2015, 04:18:24 PM »
Dear Friends of The Hammond Collection,

The time is almost upon us, The Hammond Collection Open Day is fast approaching. On Sunday 26th July 2015, the Hammond family will once again open the doors to share with us their collection.

Jean has asked me to rally up a few volunteers to help prepare the Collection for the new season of visitors . Last year, the team that assembled did a superb job and their effort was undoubtedly appreciated by the family and everyone who had the pleasure of attending and viewing the displays. However, we  can well understand that after many years of freely given time, you may wish to opt out from future occasions. Please do not hesitate to let me know, so that I ca remove your name from the list.         Jean and the family wish to express their grateful thanks for all that you have done for the Collection in the past and of course they hope that they will  be able to welcome you as a guest at future Open Days.

General jobs would involve a basic cleaning  of the cars and tyres pumped up.

We would like to organise two dates. A final spruce up on Sunday 19th July, plus ideally another date preceding this, either a Saturday or Sunday, between the 18th April to the 28th June.                                                                   
 If you would be interested in being a part of our working party, may I ask you contact myself, Steve Fisk, with available dates. We would like to accommodate as many willing volunteers as possible, and will be striving to arrange the gathering on the date most popular.

All welcome, however, we do need to know numbers in advance.

Lunch will be provided on both occasions.

Thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you soon!

Steve Fisk
Fiskysmail@yahoo.com

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
Re: The Hammond Collection
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
I've had abit of interest for the 19th July and a couple more people are waiting on a date to be arranged before this , have we got any more helpers that can spare abit of time ?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:43:26 AM »

we would like to arrange a date within May (Sundays 3rd, 10th or 17th) for another working party. The showroom itself is undergoing a change in layout. This will require a reasonable degree of man power to re-arrange the cars .  Lunch will be provided.   Apologies regarding the short notice, however, if you could volunteer your services for one of those dates please contact me on 07792886071 or by email as soon as possible.
Steve

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »
Dear Friends, Three people have settled on Sunday 10th May  when they can meet up to help shift the cars, if anyone else can join us for a few hours we would be most grateful because many hands will make light work of a rather heavy, tiring job. Steve

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:54:23 PM »
Sorry Steve. I cant make that or the open day. Hope you get the help you need.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 10:57:31 PM »
equally sorry but if I have any time to push micro's around it will have to be mine  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 12:12:49 AM »
Is there a website to see (visually) more details?
Also, where is it located?

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 05:43:36 PM »
The Hammond Collection is my late husband's collection of 47 cars based in Kent, United Kingdom.  We hold an Open Day each year but at other times we only open by private arrangement.  We do not have a separate web site but some of the cars are featured on the Rum Car
web site associated with Forum.  Failing that if you google 'Hammond Collection' you will find there are a number of pictures taken by several of our visitors.  Should you ever be in this country with time to spare we would be pleased to show you around.  Whilst my husband was busy collecting cars in the 1980's I formed the Register of Unusual Microcars and  started RUMCAR NEWS which is now being ably continued by other enthusiasts.  If you have a deep interest in the weird and wonderful world of microcars you will find the quarterly magazine a good read.  Details about subscriptions can also be found on the Rumcar website. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 07:59:16 PM »
Thank you, Jean. I have never been to the UK (or outside NA for tat matter), but I will have a look online.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 12:33:21 PM »
i do hope the weather is kind to you , its another wet n wild bank holiday weekend here  :'(
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
Really good feed back for this Sunday to help with the hammond collection, good effort people

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »
Really good day at the hammond collection today , moved all the cars so they can be viewed easier, plenty of hands to help and a nice lunch in the Sun, thanks to everyone that helped out

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 01:50:01 PM »
We had a fantastic response to Working Party with no less than four new members joining us for the day.  I would just like to say a huge thank you to all of the Friends of the Collection, past and present, for their help and support  without which the family would not have been able to keep Edwin's dream alive.
Jean

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »
Pleased to hear it. Nice to see the Allard out enjoying the sun
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 09:33:06 PM »
Today I had to have a Carpal Tunnel Release procedure and was lucky enough to have it carried out, under the National Health, at our local private Benenden hospital.  It proved to be a very relaxed affair far different from other hospital experiences I have had. Once in the theatre as I only had a local aesthetic, presumably to keep me relaxed the nurse asked me what my interests were, and the conversation got around to microcars. The anaesthetist joined in, 'is that like the one Clarkson drove around the BBC?' then to my surprise the surgeon said 'my friend has Messerschmitt'  The surgery was over and done by before I realised and I was being given an email address to let the whole team including the surgeon know the date of the Open Day which they hope to attend! Jean
Jean