Author Topic: Mikrus  (Read 2646 times)

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
Mikrus
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »
It looks like a Goggomobil engine but isn't. The car - somewhat expensive.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C587670
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Mikrus
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 12:08:16 AM »
correct, the entire vehicle is a poor copy of a Goggomobil T250.
There was one restored one in the USA that was near me and the owner was an absolute anorak about them.
For many years the story was that this was created by Polish engineers, but the reality was that they smuggled a Goggomobil in and then copied it.

He had an older friend, FRANK, from Poland that lived nearby who used to drive them when new in Poland and worked on that car in the USA.
They came over to my garage one day and I took them upstairs.  There were piles of Goggomobil suspension parts on the floor from a project, but FRANK had never seen a Goggomobil and he exclaimed "MIKRUS!"

The body is different but all the running gear and the engine look exactly like their Goggo counterparts.
Unfortunately replacement parts are NOT interchangeable.  Rather maddening when you swear it should all work but just doesn't fit.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
They really did take the Mikrus when they made these. However a very interesting car to own, I would think. I believe the Russians made a copy of the Goggo Scooter. Certainly we were offered exact copies of the Ilo type Dynostart very soon after the wall came down. Did not take this up.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:54 AM »
You beat me to it! D: (the find)
Other than that, it is a very cool looking micro, and of love to take it out for a drive sometime!
Cheers,
Murph