Author Topic: Early finish Friday  (Read 9690 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Early finish Friday
« on: April 24, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
A long week at work but nice early finish . Only one fly in the ointment ! 341 miles home and 6 hour run if no stops Inverbervie is a long and beautiful run home . By then will have done 1398 miles this week thank god not an electric car eh  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Early finish Friday
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
That's quite a journey home!

You set me wondering if in my lifetime people will say about journeys: "I'm glad we don't still use IC engines" !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 02:58:07 PM »
You set me wondering if in my lifetime people will say about journeys: "I'm glad we don't still use IC engines" !

What; Villiers 11E's & Styer-Puch AP700's?   ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 03:09:18 PM »
Chortle! As you know, I meant Infernal Combustion engines !

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
That's quite a journey home!

That will be the ones in rotten marriages. Gone fishing.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »
Just in ! Whacked ! :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
So when is the Gordon to be your company car? I've got it Invergordon. Mind you Brootch McFail sounds like a good name from the Trossocks.

Were you youf whacked, or just boot whacked?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:06 PM »
Worried that talk of the Trossachs will set you all off on Tunnocks again  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 07:57:43 AM »
Is that where the mine is? Like the treacle mines in Bristol. Since Fry's have gone, closed by Cadbury, who promised faithfully they would not, to clinch the deal, I guess the treacle mines no longer function. Like Snuff Mills, not a wrestler, but a place. Used to have to run there and back when the playing fields were flooded and no rugby. And just as you thought none of this has anything to do with microcars, Fry's employees numbered quite a few micronauts, not least Bond driving Jim Webber and Mk A to Story Rally. You can almost measure the micro activity in Bristol with the slow demise of Fry's from its busy days of my nipperhood. Yet the Bath Rally is a trebuchet shoot away from the old Fry buildings. Turkish Delight (congealed paraffin I always thought) or Fry's Chocolate Cream anyone. 

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »
My great-great-great (not quite sure how many greats) Granny used to be pictured on the back of each £5 note. Elisabeth Fry, part of the Frys chocolate family. My Grandad was a yacht designer who was able to set up his own business thanks to an inheritance from Frys, and always referred to his early work as "Chocolate Boats" as chocolate had let him start.

Cadburys have gone seriously downhill since they got bought out by Kraft.

Tunnocks Teacakes are fine, but those canny Scots have surpassed themselves with Border Biscuits Dark Chocolate Gingers.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 08:34:50 AM »
So how many micronauts worked at Fry's, was it more than "Five boys"? ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 09:53:03 AM »
My great-great-great (not quite sure how many greats) Granny used to be pictured on the back of each £5 note. Elisabeth Fry, part of the Frys chocolate family. My Grandad was a yacht designer who was able to set up his own business thanks to an inheritance from Frys, and always referred to his early work as "Chocolate Boats" as chocolate had let him start.

Cadburys have gone seriously downhill since they got bought out by Kraft.

Tunnocks Teacakes are fine, but those canny Scots have surpassed themselves with Border Biscuits Dark Chocolate Gingers.

And Kraft have been bought by Heinz. But yes. Kraft have changed many of the products, after saying the would not. Lost sales as most of the stuff taste disgusting. The marketing is really crap, with all sorts of daft mixing of brands. White chocolate in big blocks has gone. The only thing I know that mates bought, laterly. You have to have Milky Bar and high prices, in boys sizes. No, good old Aldi have found an answer, cheap too. American Pillocks.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »
Never found out what the family dispute was but way back in the 1910's my late wife's grandpa was " top foreman " of some sorts fell out with his family , for some reason got on his bicycle and rode north settling in Wallasey Wirral - a ride of several hundred miles . They do have some sorts of Frys memorabilia ( as much as might fit in a saddle bag  ;D )

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »
Border Biscuits Dark Chocolate Gingers - First Class.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »
I totally agree with Al. Craft have totally destroyed the Cadbury brand, The dairy milk now tastes like sugar, no wonder the Americans call them candy bars!
We also now buy our choc from Aldi.
Guess what I saw in my local news agents the other day?  Hershey bars! Recycled axle grease! The proprietor is wondering why its not selling well! ;D