Author Topic: Should it Stay or Should it Go?  (Read 17795 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Should it Stay or Should it Go?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 05:36:59 PM »
... - but do I want Murph to tell me every day what's on offer - no I don't   I'd far rather stumble on it  :)

Then don't read Murph's posts, or any of the other posts in this section.
No one is forcing you.
or are they?.....

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
Where on earth did you get that picture of Richard?  :P
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 05:46:35 PM »
I've always liked poll dancing. Swingingly good fun.  : ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 06:22:41 PM »
Okay we have seven days don't vote yet ! Let's hear the arguments ? I can't see one for flagging them up so what are they aren't they just spoilers ? What am I missing ? Ready to be persuaded  ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:24:47 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »
It's just an opinion Jim ! Anyway would anyone deliberately not look to see what's flagged up .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 08:05:56 PM »
Some of the cars that are flagged up I never even knew existed I'm learning by all your knowledge even if it's ebay

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »
I recently posted here about a couple of new-old-stock Villiers engines that I knew were for sale elsewhere.  Should I not have, then?  (I understand the posting has resulted in a sale to a forum member.)

It's easy to say, "Oh, that was useful, because - unlike eBay - it was a little-known sale".  But where is the line?  And if I may not post about a "widely known" sale, how can I know its width? 

I had, and have, for example, no knowledge at all about how widely-known the sale of those engines was.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:24:01 PM by DaveMiller »

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 10:02:48 PM »
Sorry all.
I can't please everyone, but I am just informing all on cars for sale.
Yes, it may be fairly annoying, but I would love to see some (more) activity on this subforum, as I have been viewing as a guest for months now.
Hope you all understand.
Thanks,
Murph.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »
I have moved the discussion about this from another post to this POLL post, and merged the topics.
In doing so, the forum software laid them out chronologically, so now it looks like Richard started this topic.
I don't know how to fix it and I don't think it matters and if does, you will all just have to suffer until next week.  :P

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »
Again am I too simple or what ? Hi murph by the way and this isn't personal  :D what I ,and its only my opinion which I am entitled to voice   , was not keen on was that Murph has announced I thought anyway that he would be regularly ( daily ?) posting a full list of all micros on eBay and that's what I wasn't keen on its going to take all the fun out of eBay isnt it ? What's next will we have a daily list of all villiers parts or literature or whatever  ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 12:36:05 AM »
Depends if you have time to wade through eBay ads and the search engines multitude of bum steers. Personally I rather like that someone has done it for me. I hardly ever look at eBay USA, for instance. Do I hear the hobby of a long distance salesman in accommodation here? You still have a world to look for bargains on Craigs List.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 07:11:07 AM »
That's exactly what you hear Al and if Craig is Murph he has made my case time and time again . I haven't really heard anyone make the case yet for the daily flagging of everything

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »
Well I think what you have done in one easy move is to make it nigh on impossible for you ever to own one in the near future .if your current uploading continues prices will go up not down . Chances of a great find will be lessened  :'(

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »
Hi Mr. Purton,
Thank you for both the welcoming and information :)
And no, I do not own a microcar. I have seen a few in person (Crosley at local car show, Crosley at Henry Ford Museum in Detroit), and have loved them ever since. I am only 17 years old, from Canada, so I don't really have an opportunity to buy one, although I'd love to someday. I enjoy the fact that they are a) Unique & Different, b) Cost less ( Not always :p ), c) Easy on gas.
If there is anything I can do to make this a better forum, let me know.
Take care,
Murph.

Dont tempt me!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »
Well I think what you have done in one easy move is to make it nigh on impossible for you ever to own one in the near future .if your current uploading continues prices will go up not down . Chances of a great find will be lessened  :'(

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs