Author Topic: Should it Stay or Should it Go?  (Read 17805 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Should it Stay or Should it Go?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »
I am not sure there is a case for it. But if someone wants to do it, I cannot see a problem.

Indeed in my ignorance of early computing I thought a search engine to find any, and all, internet microcar posts, particularly sales, would be a great thing for a National Club to have. Now I realize that it would not work well on so many levels. Its like communism. A brilliant concept in fairness, but it fails to account for human nature.

Maybe the deal here is to redirect this energy to something you would like ro see on the website. Been enough talk about things we would like, but no one has the time to do. As Oddball would probably say 'Less with the negative waves.'
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 11:13:54 AM »
Well despite obvious inclination I still have not voted in the anticipation of someone telling me the upside . I must say it seems very odd to ban it.

outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »
I might be wrong but is it the opinion that by listing these items we are inflating the final prices of the auction, while keeping quiet somehow gives us a better chance. Surely market forces will out and market forces will find a level.
If Bob and Richard wanted the same item then it would not matter who knew about it, the one who bid the most wins.
My opinion is a daily list would become boring but flagging up an interesting Rum Car would be the essence of the forum.
I will get my coat again!

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
I am getting mixed emotions here; I'm not sure what to do.
I'm not trying to make anyone 'mad'; I enjoy informing others on microcars, and if I enjoy it, I will continue (unless of course they either ban me, or remove the subforum).

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »
I don't want anyone banned but neither do I want you to continue . Can't you just go way and hack the Pentagon or whatever most teenagers are doing  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
Agree Malcolm the odd one is interesting neither Bob , as far as I am aware , myself ( iPhone norms elf ! ) certainly is interested in buying anything as I keep saying the entertainment is on the looking and finding and watching , ruined if someone tells us all surely ? And no I can't " not look " that's never going to happen  :)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 02:42:10 PM »

I am getting mixed emotions here; I'm not sure what to do.
I'm not trying to make anyone 'mad'; I enjoy informing others on microcars, and if I enjoy it, I will continue (unless of course they either ban me, or remove the subforum).

Have you thought this could be a great opportunity for older people to inform YOU about microcars?
The forum is a mine of information, you could ask questions about various marques, discuss events in Canada, did you know for instance about the ship full of Isetta's that sank on its way to your shores?
Discuss rather than plaster listings all the time.

BTW, nobody is going to get banned. Even if the category gets removed which is very unlikely, people can and will still post listings occasionally much to mine and others annoyance.
The idea behind removing the catagory was that it makes it sound as though splashing everything you see for sale is obligitory or somehow Rumcar policy which as far as I know isnt.
The last thing I want to do is dampen young peoples interest in microcars, we should be encouraging it.
The other concern discussed a while ago was how all this makes it easier for the wealthy collectors abroad to snap up the uk's endangered species. A point I still feel is very valid. Anyway, its all been covered before.
The only saving grace I see here is that most of the stuff flagged up is state side so thats something I guess. Lots of stuff over there and very little here, isnt that telling us something? Have you seen the classified section in Jims  USA micro mag? the list of cars for sale goes on and on, compare that with cars for sales in the back of RUMCAR news, zilch!   I rest the case for the prosecution! ;) 
Murph, use this as an opportunity to learn all about rare microcars from a forum full of experts.
My two penneth.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »
This has descended to a daft argument, yet elsewhere we once again have offensive remarks to someone new to the forum on the back of it, even before we find out what talents he brings to the table. Its IC's all over again. Systematic bullying. It will not do. I will reproduce Oddballs full quote, as it is pertinent.

'Why don't you knock it off with those negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out there? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?'

And I am accused of being negative much of the time! A cause of huge amusement to my chums, to whom I have shared some classics off here over the years. I give up, you win. (That winning bit seems important, but I am not sure I know what the prize is, or I realised I do not want it). Its like being a dung beetle pushing quality food matter forward, only to find that you cannot, as there are so many folk sat on top for a free ride with the odd nibble, or worse pushing back the way we came, or for some others, off the edge of the easy path sign posted, and into litter strewn areas of mineralised humus. Some of those who used to push with me often have given up, and are happily rolling balls elsewhere. I fear they are right. This ball is not going anywhere, unless it is, currently, the Bond forum, since they are to bigoted to have their own, or have banned most owners from it in secret. Complete they come, with optional extra chip on the shoulder. Unpalatable facts, new ideas and new people are clearly not wanted here. The majority are inactive, so I assume do not care. I feel it is time to leave, as my input here is so much wasted energy. As far as I can see Drive It Day was spent in the Anderson Shelter of denial. No one has come back on the events list/pubs list. So I can only assume no one wants to use these cars anymore, or if they do, its in secret or to make a few quid. What happened to those interesting middle of the road folk who had something interesting to say?

I am with Colin Archer and co. Its time to sell off all the excess microcars, just keep a few I really like, and go and do something more rewarding. There is no real fraternity left worth the defending,  bur the true  minimalist, who mainly belong to nothing as they worked out they weren't wanted, other than for lemons, already. Yet we will all be at Popham driving stuff, as we always have when it was under the Microcar banner.

Sorry young Murph, I have run out of the energy to attempt to help those interested in these cars who are happy to profess little knowledge. You have found pedants corner, and I leave you to it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
Al. It would be a sad day if we lost your eclectic words and vast knowledge on this forum and i hope a good beer and a nights sleep might change your mindset. I am a relatively new member in this forum and agree with you that new people should be encouraged to contribute.
Change is inevitable as without it there is no progress.

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2015, 04:18:27 PM »
Since I am American I will sit on the sidelines and let you chaps choose the voting tally.
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 05:35:54 PM »
Really Al I think you misunderstand deliberately , my comments in particular are sprinkled with smileys and winks and tears , no frowns in sight  ;) all comments very much tongue in cheek but none the less heartfelt . And if I might say this Al from yourself that has hardly a good word to say of any committee , club or organisation whose paths you ever crossed in the past  ;D

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »
Its a bit like telly if you do not like it do not watch or turn off
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 07:14:24 PM »
Its a bit like telly if you do not like it do not watch or turn off

Mmmm, not quite.  If you'd been enjoying a particular series, and then it changes the standard of production, you'd complain, no?

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »
That's exactly what you hear Al and if Craig is Murph he has made my case time and time again . I haven't really heard anyone make the case yet for the daily flagging of everything
I have no idea who 'Craig' is, and this is my first (and only) account on this forum.

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
I don't want anyone banned but neither do I want you to continue . Can't you just go way and hack the Pentagon or whatever most teenagers are doing  :)
I'm not sure whether or not I should take that as a compliment or not...