Author Topic: [eBay Find #8] 1960 Sabra Suista Truck Prototype  (Read 5763 times)

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
[eBay Find #8] 1960 Sabra Suista Truck Prototype
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »
Hello all,
This is a rather unique micro. I have NEVER heard of such a thing! Apparently it's 1 of 2 left/known to exist. This will be my 'Micro of the Month' hah! :p
It is a wonderful looking car, and it'd be mine if I had $60k+ (50k USD). :p
Here's the link;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Susita-Sabra-Pickup-truck-/271841712331
Take care,
Murph.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: [eBay Find #8] 1960 Sabra Suista Truck Prototype
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:52 PM »
at 1000cc it is a big large (engine-wise) for a microcar.
The top end of interest here is 700cc and that is pushing it.
If you think "enclosed scooter" for microcar, that is more the norm.

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:14:25 PM »
Hi Mr. Janecek,
I was always told it was ~1000cc or less, but I was also told that others have different classifications for these types of cars.
Regardless, it's a cute little car that you don't see everyday, and wanted to share it with you guys.
Thanks,
Murph.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 10:13:45 PM »
I referenced "here" as in - The Register of Unusual Microcars
http://www.rumcars.org/a-about.html

"The general definition of microcars as economy vehicles with either three or four wheels, powered by petrol engines of no more than 700cc or battery electric propulsion, and manufactured since 1945 was adopted, but this can be varied if justified by vehicle interest"

also- I edit MICROCAR NEWS , the magazine of the Vintage Microcar Club and 1000cc is still pushing it...then you start getting into MINI territory and the MINI is basically what killed off the Microcar.

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »
Ok, I'm sorry. :(

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
We are a funny lot on here and I have not meant to offend . Once we have set a definition we then break it  :) there is nothing set in stone but this is the RUM ( register of UNUSUAL microcars ) site not a more general microcar site , if there is one  :) by this as we are British based that would GENERALLY mean unusual in Britain but that's flexible too . So as Jim has said under 700cc broadly , three wheels would possibly help wave that  . Some exceptions being cars like the classic Fiat 500 a) it not very unusual b) it's. Catered for by a seperate , or several, owners clubs  . But we have tended to make up the rules , and exceptions , as we have gone along  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977