Author Topic: I am quitting.  (Read 9836 times)

Murph

• Occasional
  • The Microcar Maniac
I am quitting.
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »
Hi all,
This may come as a shock to some, and a breath I relief for others. I tried to make the forums a better place, but obviously I've caused too much 'anger' and 'hatrid' towards me (and my posts). I will leave you all alone, and pretend none of this had ever happened. Go ahead, (IP) Ban me, if everyone agrees. I will leave. Sorry to those who I have caused anger & annoyance to, I will be gone (off this account, at least, perhaps just browse as a 'Guest').
Thanks, have a great day,
Murph.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: I am quitting.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 08:26:14 PM »
I never saw any anger or hatred , though others did , in fact I posted at almost the same time as you what I thought was a kind friendly message
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:41:09 PM »
thats how I get tret , I even have a little red X to the top right of my posts - so I can deleete ny words and pictures - I'll proove it with my photo of number plate CDC 90C - have a look. in Our Cars ...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:43:08 PM by plas man »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 09:01:58 PM »
Where's "our cars gone ? "
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
I never saw any anger or hatred , though others did , in fact I posted at almost the same time as you what I thought was a kind friendly message

None so blind as those who turn around and pretend they just didn't see.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 09:15:53 PM »
Right I have had enough of this !! Chapter and verse please of all offensive remarks made , I truly believe none were made but others saw them - I have not . Just re-read all I think relevant and have not seen ANY offensive remark from anyone on the forum to murph
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:31:40 PM by richard »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 08:18:49 AM »
I do not visit here as often as I used to (work and family) but when I did I did not notice any unpleasantness.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
thats how I get tret , I even have a little red X to the top right of my posts - so I can deleete ny words and pictures - I'll proove it with my photo of number plate CDC 90C - have a look. in Our Cars ...

Every bodies posts have a little red cross in a box to allow them to delete there own post if they wish. Other users cannot delete your posts other than administration. Its the same for everyone.
Or am I missing your point here?

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »

Every bodies posts have a little red cross in a box to allow them to delete there own post if they wish. Other users cannot delete your posts other than administration. Its the same for everyone.
Or am I missing your point here?

thanks for the simple explanation .. Alan

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »
No need to leave mate , everyone's entitled to there opinions, it would be good to liven up the forum somehow maybe more pictures of the members cars , projects and garages , any other ideas people ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 10:12:25 PM »
I had time, after a day searching out and solving problems on the Bianchina, to view the forum to see what is going on. Since the polling thread is closed, this would seem to be the appropriate place to thank Jim for his comments at the close of that thread. I agree in both issues, despite perhaps falling foul of one, previously.

The poll speaks for itself.

The announcement at the head of this thread speaks for itself too.

I attempted to intercede, via direct communications with Murph. and in forwarding on other's, in uncredited off forum comment, that I thought constructive, sent to me. I had hoped to prove we were not all going to talk down to him, or reject his ideas. Sadly the damage had been done and we loose the potential of another young person attempting, in his own way, to reach out and become part of something that looked inviting.

For instance, from a far better qualified person than myself  - I have carefully read the dictatorial comments of A and B (as a visitor - not a member), and sadly have come to the conclusion that they have absolutely no respect for common human decency.  A simple "yes or no" would have sufficed, but putting in words such as " doesn't reflect what the forum wants"  - says who.  Does A decide for all?.  Also B is literally a **** saying 'go away and hack the Pentagon.."  Such negative and asinine comments abound.  This is a seventeen year old kid, trying to do what he believes a service to the web-site and trying to be accepted by the group.  Even one posting by him, or anyone else as matter-of-fact, is now more information more easily obtained than it was before.  This makes everyone better-off.  A Pareto-Optimal solution.  If you don't like the information, then ignore those postings.  This is what I tried to do with all the personal info previously given out about different mopeds etal.  so prolifically.  Why not use a bit of diplomacy to accept whatever Murph brings to the table, do not throw insults at a seventeen year-old youngster.  Draw Murph into the forum, guide and mentor him into the 'nooks and crannies' of the micro-car world.  Don't abuse and dictate what he's to do.  Here is a young and fertile mind, ready for developing into a knowledgeable and active participant, why should he be subjected to this harassment? 

Part of that failure lays with those who did comment in private, as they probably should say what they said in public. But such is the situation, it is very much simpler not to be drawn into the argument. Thus the poll suggests few, 16?, active and 'vocal' participants, but the private views response that resulted in my in box, suggested many silent watchers. That situation is then exemplified by the lack of much stated support for some very worthy Microcar Rallies this year on the listing I prepared. I take issue with nobody over their position on these events. However it explains why support for such things has ebbed away. Indeed I think it shows the devotion to duty of the few remaining enthusiasts, in the main stream, who are prepared to do this work for, often, meagre support, and a lot of brick bats. Yet within the portals of Microdom the Fiat 500 lot offer some very interesting events, at premier venues, throughout the year, as I had always hoped the Trikes and Minimilist cars would do. It makes the Bianchina a better car to own than, say, a Messerschmitt. A marque now in a place were an independent spares manufacturer of key parts is selling more stock to none members, than to the club scheme! Something rather unsettling has effected the willingness to unity of action here, something that does not exist in other, very closely associated, spheres of activity. You might want to ask yourself why that seems to have happened.

To answer another question. To fall out with a club or committee you first have to be doing something for, or on, the club committee that you fell out with, I believe. I have been involved with most of the marques, and organisations, at one point or another. I reserve my right to my opinion, therefore. I no longer care if that is an unpopular view. I tried to make a difference, more than most, it is clearly time to move on and my old interest will remain true to the way I wish to enjoy it, but fostered and inhabited by who ever else is interested, to find whatever destiny it meets. It is probable that much will not be what I want to be doing. I will be, therefore, joining the ranks of the watchers, who occasionally mutter some comments. Its not like I am hard to find should someone want something I can help with.

To close, I would point you to Stuart's reply, and warmly congratulate those who have encouraged him to become a virtual none participant in these RUM threads, nowadays. If you recall, the reason I appeared here in the first place, was a case of Stuart bullying. You have got almost what you wanted, now. The difference is Stuart has left to pursue other interests, because he wants to, not because you want him to.

I hope Murph will be the last person to be shouted off the site. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:34:19 PM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 08:58:36 AM »
And rather more briefly , and from another point of view, another little tiff got blown out of proportion on RUM for and apologies for misunderstandings were given days ago . On with the bubbling  :)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 09:03:36 AM »
Hubble Bubble Toil & Trouble  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.