Author Topic: The 2015 National Rally  (Read 24789 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
The 2015 National Rally
« on: May 05, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »
Well its now May and here are the details of this years rally.
It will be held on the main rally field of Hatton Adventure World near Warwick (CV35 7LD) during 3rd to 6th September.
Hatton has many  shops including Brantano, Edinburgh Mills, women's clothes and jewellery shops plus an old fashioned sweet shop.
It has a restaurant(which will serve breakfasts)and a café  all of which is adjacent to the site.There is no entry fee to this area.
The site will be open from mid day on Thurday 3rd September. the costs will be as follows--
Rally entry fee will be £6 per car and will include a rally pack.
Camping will be £12 per unit per night irrespective of whether camping, caravan or motor-home.(same costs as last year)
Auto-jumble stands will be £10 per pitch
To help those with a few parts to sell, we will be offering a service of up to 4 items to be left(at the owners risk) at the control tent for our communal auto jumble, with a 10% commission.
There are no electric hook ups or showers but we have hired a luxury toilet trailer situated in the camping area to supplement the main toilet block which is adjacent to the field.
The main activities during the rally will be as follows.
THURSDAY. An evening get together in the control tent. with a few beers.
FRIDAY. A road run to the Coventry Transport museum (no entry fee) passing Kenilworth castle on the way.In the evening there will be Hot dogs and background music in Hatton's main marque.
SATURDAY. A road run around Warwickshire taking in Henley in Arden, Stratford-upon-Avon and Charlecote hall passing Anne Hathaway's cottage and May Arden's house on the way. That evening there will be live entertainment in the main marque with beer and wine (and maybe a little food) there will also be the the raffle.
SUNDAY. The main display day with presentations at 3pm. There will be  hot "fast food" available on the rally field.
This years rally is organised by the members of the Frisky register and we are attempting a world record (held at 13) for the most Friskies attending a rally.Each Frisky will receive a commemorative plaque to mark  this attempt.So if you have a Frisky whether it is running, a basket case or even part of one bring it along and join the party.
I have ordered the weather so please come along and enjoy all that is micro cars.   

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
Re: The 2015 National Rally
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 06:54:33 PM »
Since the Frisky will not fit in a suitcase will a picture work? :D
1958 FriskySport

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »
Looking forward to it!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 05:58:28 PM »
Looking at the possibility of getting two cars driving up, as Andrew is interested. Not that the Bianchina is proving at all co operative at the moment. I would hope to get a Schmitt running. Root was muttering about going with his field based car. SAdly Roger is ill, Tony under starters orders and others not been talked to as a lot to do here. But on that basis there could be a trip up with two running cars from Oxfordshire should anyone fancy it. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 08:20:35 AM »
Talking to Nick H last night he confirmed the run on Friday was ready. It is to be a slightly devious route ending at Coventry Transport Museum, as instructed. The Museum has arranged for parking outside, as they do with warning. I forget now whether he said it was 21, or 27 miles. Either way just a trot in the country, rather than plunging straight into some rather busy roads. So every reason to be there Friday.

Saturday's run is as stated above, as far as I know. Taking in the Stratty part of the area and Charlecote. Somewhat as was done all those years ago, when the event was based near Bidford. As I recall the run included a treasure hunt, I remember looking for a clue around the Stour villages in my Goggo. In the event I visited Ron Barnacle and viewed the Aurora - went to the Hammonds till recently, Goggo - sat not 12 mlies from me now in the same condition I originally saw it, next to said Aurora, likewise post Hammond, and an Isetta and Hienkel from memory, their whereabouts I do not know. All the lost Goggo parts have been collected together again thanks to the Barnacle family. 

Be nice to find a similar stash while circulating some 30 years later!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 09:43:54 AM »
I have just finished the Saturday run to Stratford-upon-Avon. Stratford council have agreed to cordoned off area for our cars next to the river so we can enjoy a lunch break at an adjacent cafe. The route takes in pretty Henley in Arden (with its home made ice cream shop),
Wooton Hall, Mary Arden's house (Shakespeare's mother), Anne Hathaway's cottage (his wife), Stratford and Charlcote Manor.
Come and join us!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:40 AM »
Ah, so a Duck attack included on reserved pitch. Brilliant.

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »
The Friday run is 44 miles and returns back via Kenilworth castle. The Saturday run is just over 50 miles.Plenty of time to stop on route and enjoy the sights.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 10:26:38 AM »
Ah, I was only told about the outward element and assumed there was a race home. Kenilworth, break out your Sir Walter Scott. My trip would replicate the one in the book as part of the plot is in The Vale.

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 11:23:33 PM »
Looking forward to the NMCR and the Saturday road rally and ice cream!
1958 FriskySport

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »
Just one Cornock oh! Give him to me. I have imported, a Bond from Italy. The nut and bolted dream, Give me Cornock oh! hate me not, so bitterly. Mind the Duck.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
Matron to Mr. Hitchcock -again  ;D ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 05:30:07 PM »
I understand both of Al's posts, should I worry?  ;D

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 06:10:50 PM »
im in on the sunday to nose about  ;D
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
I also understood them but the head of psychiatry asked me to remind matron to put the sherry down
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:14:42 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977