Author Topic: The 2015 National Rally  (Read 24773 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
Re: The 2015 National Rally
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 09:01:28 AM »
Well a week today at 12 noon we open the gates to the 2015 national.
The road runs have been printed and tested.
The beer and wine has been ordered and we hope to equal or beat the record for the most friskies at a rally.
It would be great if we could also beat the record for the most Bonds, trienkels, smitts, isettas and rum cars.
So all we need is you.
We will probably get a few thinks wrong but what we get right we hope will make an enjoyable weekend.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »
What a fine welcome ! Hope it goes really well for everyone - including the organisers  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »
beer, wine & friskies. Is that people or cars? Sounds good to me. Have a great weekend.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 01:12:21 AM »
Hard to believe the Rally is only a week away! So looking forward to our trip to the UK and meeting all the Frisky owners and others here on Rumcars. Save a few beers for me!
1958 FriskySport

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »
Is it a skip of Friskys? No, perhaps not.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 02:10:21 PM »
Have a great weekend - photos please
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 06:19:14 PM »
A well attended rally, helped by the sunshine. Seems the full program was well received and I do not think I heard a negative word.
For myself I lay up Sat afternoon in the hope my leg would behave OK on Sunday. I arrived at the rally for 11 am but by 2 pm I had to give in and sit down. Steve Vine has now been struck down with the same thing. Thereafter it was a case of moving from chair to chair. But lots to see, and folk to talk too. Learned things I did not know, so well worth the visit for that alone.
So well done all and some of the new faces are getting more recognizable, which is a good thing. There is more support, needs to be tapped and this weekend will help.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 06:43:30 PM »
nice to see you alan and every1 else ...many thanks to mark green from America for badge and strips.....some very interesting vehicles at the venue with added auto jumble
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 11:02:39 PM »
Cracking rally, will post some pictures soon.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2015, 07:22:17 AM »
A huge, HUGE 'thank you' to Malcolm Dudley and the Frisky team for an excellent rally.  Good weather always helps (and it was good, especially for the display on Sunday), but it was the thorough organisation which really shone through.

Well-thought road runs - to Coventry Transport Museum on the Friday, seemingly most of Warwickshire on the Saturday - had clear routes, carefully chosen good road surfaces (I'd even believe carefully arranged good surfaces???) and specially arranged parking: right outside the museum, then right alongside the river at Stratford.

A packed marquee in the evening - with large quantities of free food and drink.

Malcolm was to be seen busily organising, welcoming, encouraging at all times, throughout the weekend.  He'll need to sleep for a week!  (And should do so happy that he got it right.)

You've set the bar high for future organisers, Malcolm!  Brilliantly well done.

(Pics from the rally will appear soon on national-microcar-rally.co.uk where you'll also find details of the rally review meeting, to be held on Sunday 25 October.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:25:33 AM by DaveMiller »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 07:39:25 AM »
As a Messerschmitt owner I think I should complain that there were far to many Friskys present. Its well known that Messerschmitts are far more important. The number of relative marque entrants should be based on the proportion and importance of each marque. Since I, like many Schmitters, could not be arsed to bring my car I calculate that as 11/2 Friskys. Something should be done about this total exhibition of over enthusiasm.

Apologies to Chris Thomas, we got interrupted in talking and I may have left you with the wrong impression. Still got a huge amount to do here. But once I have things sorted out I will have more time to apply brains to information flows. To wit, I found the CC Zero stuff the other day.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
Dear Al

No apology needed

I was suffering from a bad cold (Man flue) and was not firing on all cylinders so was not very communicative.

I have to thank Stuart for bringing along his Norsjo for the Rumcar Stand and helping me pack up, to Alan Bud and Malcolm Parker who helped man the stand, to Malcolm Dudley for reserving us a prime spot next to the entrance, to everybody who purchased a subscription to Rumcar News, and everybody who came to chat (or was it just to get in the shade)

Malcolm Dudley and all the National Microcar Rally Team must be congratulated for not only organising a great event but also for not stopping between Thursday morning to Sunday night. They were on overdrive. I know from talking to many of the overseas visitors that they feel very welcome, which encourages them to come again. That is a measure of how friendly the atmosphere was, which can not be faked.

As Dave said, The bar has been raised. Congratulations to the Frisky Register team.

Back to be to catch up on my sleep

Chris Thomas

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »
Thank you all for your kind comments. I thought i would post a couple of pictures of the frisky line up as we beat the world record of 13 friskies when we lined up 15.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »
I rather like this idea of a year special model for the more unusual, or rare marques. It could be included into the planning of future rallies, unless, like Peel, there is momentum to do their own event, of course.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 01:06:50 PM »
I saw mention of the new Gordon owner but not the car ? If so how did he make himself known - or was it obvious  :)