Author Topic: The 2015 National Rally  (Read 24772 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: The 2015 National Rally
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »
There were quite a few other classics that passed through over the saturday/sunday and the Swallow Doretti was my favourite. From the camping (rather than campervan) perspective, yes - Hatton clearly had quite limited facilities, but the situation with the toilets was set out quite plainly on the very first page of the rally booklet with times, maps etc. To counter that really very nominal hardship we had everything else that has already been mentioned several times over and a splendid array of cars both rare, common or garden and of the Messerschmitt variety.  Thank you to anyone and everyone who took part and who had a hand in putting it all together. I don't think there is any magic formula to bring out those who didn't or who wouldn't attend - they missed out and we didn't! Clearly Beaulieu and Goodwood need to change their dates so they don't clash with events of greater significance.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Axiam

• Occasional
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
Clearly Beaulieu and Goodwood need to change their dates so they don't clash with events of greater significance.
Well put Rusty Chrome.  Yes, those who did not attend ultimately missed out. 
Big Al, what microcar did you bring on the Sunday then ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »
Well spotted. I am a Schmitter at heart, so I did not take a microcar up behind my 'classic'. Though I was instrumental in providing the Norsja Shopper, Stuart did the work.
Indeed I was only semi well and had Andrew not wanted to go up, might not have bothered. As it was just walking the field from 11 to about 5 resulted in two days with my leg up to recover. Beaulieu would have been an impossibility.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »
The Shopper certainly provoked a great deal of interest, I was quite suprised by the number of micronauts who'd never heard of it despite the very recent feature in Rumcar news. It was great to see Scootacar's back on the field again this year along with some very shiny Reliants. I've never seen a Kitten looking anything like that smart before. My personal favourite was the six-wheeled Monte-Carlo Frisky, the epitome of British Fifties bling!
Malcolm

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »
I always thought that later Reliants weren't strictly classified as micros as their engine capacity was too large?
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2015, 02:01:32 AM »
I'd include under the same umbrella as a Bond 875. There is no such thing as a "strict classification", we make it up to suit ourselves.
Malcolm

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
(plas owner listening  ??? )

having owned both , you could safely make a better one from the two .

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2015, 09:56:24 AM »
A report on the national now in Novembers edition of Classic and sports car.