Author Topic: Type 70 wanted on loan for Goodwood  (Read 2895 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Type 70 wanted on loan for Goodwood
« on: June 17, 2015, 07:52:32 AM »
Wanted for Goodwood Festival of Speed, Type 70 Invacar.

As is normal for the media world this is short notice. I do not do short notice any more. So an opportunity for someone to get some spin off from Goodwood, as it were.

To: alanbubblecars@hotmail.com
Subject: AC Invacar
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:26:58 +0000

Good Afternoon Alan,

This is a slightly hopeful request, but I was looking at your website from way back in 2009 on which you have an AC Invacar for sale. I am doing some filming for the Goodwood Festival Of Speed and we would really like to get hold of one for the festival for a bit of filming.

Do you happen to still own one, or know who may still have one?

I would really appreciate your help on this, as they are obviously very hard to come by.

Thank you very much, you can reach me here or on 0207 871 0629.

Elliot Carr-Barnsley
Aurora Media

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email by error, please notify us immediately and permanently delete it from your computer. Aurora Media Worldwide UK Ltd, Palliser House, Palliser Road, London, W14 9EQ, UK, Company number: 5094691, VAT Reg: 877334195

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email by error, please notify us immediately and permanently delete it from your computer. Aurora Media Worldwide UK Ltd, Palliser House, Palliser Road, London, W14 9EQ, UK, Company number: 5094691, VAT Reg: 877334195

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 3:43 PM
To: Elliot Carr-Barnsley
Subject: RE: AC Invacar

Hi Elliot

Depends on timing. I have one, but it has yet to be completely sorted for use. Just one of those jobs I have not got round to. There are other ones about in running order. I cannot think of one nearer Goodwood though. They are mostly up country.

Big Al

Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 3:54 PM
To: Alan Hitchcock

Thanks for getting back Al,

What condition is it in at the moment? We didn't really plan on driving too much or possibly even at all, depending on the state of the one we could arrange.
Where are you based? We will have to get one transported to Goodwood regardless, as I understand even if they do run, it's illegal to do so. If we could get one that runs, I think that would be ideal. Do you have any contacts I could try to that end?

At this stage I won't be picky about geography, I'm happy to try calling/emailing around.

Cheers,

Elliot

To: alanbubblecars@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:53:54 +0000

Hi Al,

I just wanted to see if you could help at all with getting an Invacar, or even be willing to potentially lend us yours next weekend, with us picking it up and dropping it off to you.

Thanks again,

Elliot

So pretty short notice. Always more problomatic.

I will not have a chance to touch mine in its remote storage in that time. It is not going to be the best option, as it is not preped to be moved, nor complete as it stands, nor am I greatly endowed with free time, as we are right in the middle of the busy event period of the season.

You could try the contacts I have included in this communication. In addition I will post your comms on RUMcar forum (Register of Unusual Microcars) as quite a few forum members have Type 70, despite that IC are only an associated interests to the core interests of this umbrella group. Several have running cars and are more amenable to letting their cars out than others.

Big Al
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs