Author Topic: Another Mystery Micro  (Read 7889 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Another Mystery Micro
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 06:54:39 PM »
Well I took that as being for not knowing John Cobb
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 10:44:02 PM »
Who's John Cobb?

:o ???

thanks for explaining Dave .

Alan

Is he not the origin of the phrase 'To Cobb it up'? An uncompromising character, by all accounts.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 12:28:26 AM »
Well I took that as being for not knowing John Cobb

It was!

I think as nobody as got this yet I'm going to do a bit more research and write something up for the Rumcar mag unless it's already been in there of course!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »
Dear Malcolm

Sounds like a good idea. I always welcome well researched articles in Rumcar News.

You have until 15 August to send it in.

You know my email

Chris Thomas Rumcar News

Quiller

• Just Starting
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 02:28:43 PM »
I don't know very much about it, but it's called the Meteor. It was once sold by Competition Cars...

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »
So is Quiller Chris Rees? The Quiller signifying writer or motoring books?  It would explain how he popped up with the correct answer for the Meteor?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
A rather vague description that smacks of hiding something. Is the Meat Ear actually a re-bodied something else, or a one off pig's ear. It is not really a road car, does it exist, or is this a bit of kite flying for something not yet actually finished. I would prefer the Riley....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Quiller

• Just Starting
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »
So is Quiller Chris Rees? The Quiller signifying writer or motoring books?  It would explain how he popped up with the correct answer for the Meteor?

Yup! Hello there. I must admit, though, I don't know any background on the Meteor...

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
Hi Chris. Fortunate guess!
I meant to have a chat with you at Jeans open day last year but what with other Rum duties eating up the day by the time I asked Jean to point you out you had absconded.
Just wanted to say thanks for the books, Micromania and Three wheelers. Many have been published since but they are still my favourites. Will have to get you to sign them another time.