Author Topic: Bubble Car Museum review  (Read 2687 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Bubble Car Museum review
« on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:05 PM »
Don't know if anyone else saw this review. Anyone planning on going to the rally in June?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/16/bubblecar_museum_review/?page=1
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Bubble Car Museum review
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:44:18 PM »
What a cheek, saying my Inter had decidedly eccentric lines! ;D

Are you thinking of going to the rally then Malcolm? Me and Mike have been going for the past three years but I may leave it this year as will be going to the Isetta 60th rally at same venue later in July. The Museums annual rally is usually a very small affair which in many ways I rather like.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
I'm considering it. I visited the museum earlier this year when I was in the area collecting some parts, Nice displays, some lovely cars, but does appear to have reached the limit of it's current space and it's shame that this compromised the view you could get of a few of the cars especially those with eccentric lines.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »
I am not aware if the owners watch this forum and I do not wish to cause offence . When I visited , by arrangement , probably two years ago to photograph the early Bond I was unfortunately disappointed by the cramming together of the exhibits . I suppose if you are an enthusiastic curator and the exhibits keep coming it's difficult to stop but viewing was severely hampered and as I had asked if I could look under the car at braking etc. this was totally out of the question when I got there there was perhaps a foot or so between exhibits so I couldn't see or photograph anything much - a bit frustrating , beautifully presented and decorated a great idea but needs maybe double the space I think 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:24:51 PM »
As far as I know this is only the first phase. expansion was always on the agenda.