Author Topic: Enfield Pageant of motoring.  (Read 3137 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Enfield Pageant of motoring.
« on: May 23, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »
Just returned from a fun day at the Enfield Pageant of motoring. Planty and I had a few finds between us at the autojumble. Mine was a copy of John Jensons Isetta restoration book which is something I have been looking out for for some time. Planty found his usual collection of rare peel door handles etc.
 Another not so unusual find was this old microcar enthusiast asleep at the wheel of his running car, taking a break from his jumble stall.
No prizes for guessing who it is!

And below a picture of a nice old Morgan aero that was on show. A soggy day but enjoyable all the same. Didnt see Steve Fisk so assume he will be there with Peel on Monday.
Who can identify which engine that is?

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
Re: Enfield Pageant of motoring.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »
Peel stuff has prob gone now but I will have a look , I'm going in the morning just loaded up the cars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »
Is anyone going to tell planty to stop buying peel / scootacar door handles ?  ;D  surely that Morgan has a Matchless engine ? Silver fox or model X isn't it ? Sweet  :) had a great run out today playing co-pilot in a Bond D at The National Bond Rally and came across a bare ally body Morgan on the road run . Great fun had with superb weather . Not forecast great weather tomorrow but we certainly made the most of it today  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:42:03 PM »
Yeah not much point going now as Bob and I cleaned it out!  ;) Though we did leave some Bond and Messerschmitt parts behind, for those who want them  :)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:05:26 AM »
Matchless model X engine I meant of course  :) (1929-1940)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 08:11:06 AM »
Mike is right, we did leave a pair of Messerschmitt wheels behind for someone and a complete unrestored Bond, one of the brick shaped ones, Mk G I think? Mike tried to buy the spare wheel from it for his Frisky. Far too much at £3500. The car that is, not the wheel! ;D
Sounds like the weather was better up north Richard. Maybe next year you will be piloting your own MKD?

Yes, Matchless X overhead valve!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:22:07 AM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »
Weather today much better than expected no rain at all , good fun and tearing about at tip the roly . Just returned looking very much like Johnny Foreigner after Beaulieu and Bonds consecutive weekends .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:14:37 PM by richard »