Author Topic: Russian Microcar Videos  (Read 3534 times)

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
Russian Microcar Videos
« on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:37 PM »
Rather like discovering hard drugs, I have come across a series of YouTube test drive videos of microcars by Kashymash, from Kamyshin near Volgograd. 

Of course the commentary is in Russian, but luckily the pictures are in English.  Amongst the cars, half-tracks, and amphibians, there are a goodly number of microcars such as:

Biscuter Pegasin
Biscuter Zapatila
Bond Mark D
Champion 400
Fuldamobil
Hillers Roadster
Isetta Velam
Jurisch Motoplan
King Midget
Messerschmitt KR200
Peel Trident
Victoria 250

OK, those are ones you know all about (though I've not seen a Hillers before), but then you can disappear down the black hole of Russian microcars (???????????) and ICs, such as:

CM3 3KA

Once you go there and start following links to other Russian microcar vids, you will probably lose the half day that I have just lost.....

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Russian Microcar Videos
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »
Some of these cars look very familier. They were originally in the Bruce Weiner collection.

Ironic they have travelled from USA to Russia.

Chris Thomas

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
that Bond is a widely travelled car!
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:33:39 PM »
I have just found time to watch the Bond D film and although I didn't understand a word the coverage, filming angles , action and yes the theme music were better than anything I have seen in English .From Russia with love ? that may explain the two single seats, rather than a bench , how else could you have an ejector seat  :) Great stuff ! I look forward to watching the other clips  :) Clarkson eat your heart out - watch and learn  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:17:55 PM »
I agree, Richard - wonderful production, and (it seems) great enthusiasm for the car, rather than mockery. I look forward to watching the others.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 08:33:13 AM »
 Good post Andrew , peel trident clip just as enjoyable  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
Yes, great films of interesting microcars, I cant help but think of Alexander the Meerkat though when listening to the commentary! As someone else, said, an irony that they are "Back in the USSR"

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 11:04:30 AM »
Perhaps it's Clarkson dialogue played backwards!
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.