Author Topic: All Car - Charly  (Read 5261 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
All Car - Charly
« on: May 26, 2015, 05:52:25 PM »
Can any one help me answer an email from an enthusiast in GB who is looking for information about his Charly.  He writes"I have a 'Charly' 3 wheeler and was told that you were the club guru on matters archival.
The chassis number is not easy to read but appears to be;

DGM 15330 OMC  CHARLY 001110

I am curious to know its history, age, model, original  engine, whatever."    Jean

(NB: I tried to add a picture but was clearly unsuccessful- help)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:55:59 PM by Jean »
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: All Car - Charly
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
Here is the pic, I extracted it from the PDF you had.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »
I'm guessing its one of the "All cars " Charly's, later renamed Snuggy. 1974 to 1985. Used MInareli engines then switched to Morini.   If this is the car he has there is a section on it and the company in Chris Rees book, all three books I should say.

Denis

• Occasional
    • http://www.microcarfan.com
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 04:41:35 AM »
Few information about All Car on my site :

http://www.microcarfan.com/index.php/marques/96-all-car

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »
Translatede from Denis's site

The AUTOZODIACO Italian company that manufactured buggies, proposed in 1974 a cart: Charly.
ALL-CARS gave him the name of Snuggy and quickly developed several versions.
In France, it is MARLAND and VITREX in 1976, which assured its diffusion all versions.
The various models

Snuggy

Released in Italy in 1974 under the name of Charly, manufactured by AUTOZODIACO, it will only be available in France and from 1976. Dressed in a pretty respectable dimensions polyester bodywork (2.10mx 1.27), the two places was animated by Morini 4.5cv of a 50cm3 4-speed mechanical box. Equipped with 145/10 rear tires, it could be delivered in beach setting with large low-pressure tires crampons.
A note: a very special driving position because of a clutch pedal to the left of the wheel when the brake and accelerator pedals and steering wheel were right!
Tobruk

A green convertible version was proposed in 1978.
A spare wheel was hung outside, 4X4 way.
Charly4

From the same body that Snuggy, the four wheels was in France, available in the version "without license" while in Italy and 125 engines were intended 250cm3 honorable performance. Two versions: road and beach.
Photo Model of 1986 road, the steering wheel for several years had already found a more normal position, left.

<Previous
    Next>
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:32:06 AM »
I am not an archival expert.
However I do have experience in both repairing and improving the function of this vehicle.
I am currently awaiting the arrival of a second example.
Both of mine are blue closed coupes.