Author Topic: How to get a wide microcar through a narrow gap!  (Read 5936 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
How to get a wide microcar through a narrow gap!
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:15:15 AM »
Having recently finished my project car I came up against the usual problem for me of getting it out into the street through my narrow sideway. I came up with this patent microcar tipper device. Works a treat!

1bubble10 (paul smith)

• Quite Chatty
Re: How to get a wide microcar through a narrow gap!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »
Ahh - project turning - 3 wheel to 4 wheeler - microcar butchery!!
Bamby P50, Piaggio Ape 50

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »
Actually it turns a three wheeler into a seven wheeler! ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:32:50 PM »
Handy device because a blocked back passage is no fun for anyone  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

1bubble10 (paul smith)

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:43:27 PM »
personally I'd rather buy something over the counter

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:07:22 PM »
A vegetable biryani usually does it for me! ;D     The other forum has moving smiley!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 11:51:22 PM »
I was going to pose a question about leaking fluids, but I think this thread has gone to far downhill already.  ;)
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »
I wonder if it works for the larger person.

Puts me in mind of a guy locally who spent many years building a remotely controlled scale modal of German Battlecruiser Prinz Eugine (Spelling), 'the lucky ship'. It required 4 ? RC sets to work all functions, steersman, gunner, pursor (had moving men) ordinance officer, whose Navel title I have forgotten and many car batteries to get its correct water line. Actually it had a working aircraft too, so must have been another guy. To get it out of the room it was built in the window had to be removed. So he timed it for a replacement double glazed window replacement. It was about the size of a two man canoe. I wonder what happened to it? About the best working model I ever saw.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 11:04:52 AM »
Its amazing how many stories I have been told like that of folk building stuff in the houses, lofts Colditz style, etc. Maybe the reasoning is that they think they will never finish it so why worry about getting it out. ;D  I also had some mad suggestions  about getting my car out including digging a tunnel under the bungalow. [more Colditz]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:10:43 PM by Bob Purton »

1bubble10 (paul smith)

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »
Now taking about converting a rare microcar into a mini excavator - remind me never to sell a precious microcar to this man!!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »
I apparently have two Heinkel rear diggers, according to the idiots who run the Government's data for taxation down in Wales. Frankly its to much bother to attempt to try and change it as they will only argue then loose the paperwork, want an inspection and cost me money. Are rear diggers free of the London Indigestion Charge? Could be a good marketing ploy.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »
Strangely enough my Nobel was registered as a two wheel bike when I first got it. When I spoke to the DVLA about getting the V5 changed all I got was a lecture about the legal requirements for converting a motorbike into a Trike. I had a hard job convincing them it was a three wheeled car and always had been!

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:13 PM »
Strangely enough my Nobel was registered as a two wheel bike when I first got it.

I bought a 3.5 tonne Hymer motorhome (with 2 doors and a vertical, uninterrupted rear panel).  The V5 came through as "5-door hatchback".  No problem to get 'em to change it, though.

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
I remember going to collect a frisky from Gordon Higglet for my brother in law in the 80s, and the chassis was in his bedroom. We had to take his window out to remove it and then perch the body on top of it. The trailer i had was an 8x5 box trailer with 2 foot sides. We mounted the whole lot sideways on top of it and roped it.Things we got away with in those days. Good memories. He still has the frisky 30 years on.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 07:08:08 PM »
smart idea Bob , bit more thought , re-arrange the wheels and it doubles up as a car trailer !