Author Topic: Scootacar mk I eBay finished  (Read 5186 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Scootacar mk I eBay finished
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:32:37 PM »
So what's the story on this one  ? A pale blue restored ml I It was on eBay and I thought it had reached a few thousand , hadn't it ? Now my watch list has it finished at 99p
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
Re: Scootacar mk I eBay finished
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »
If the start price was 99p, and it was withdrawn (as perhaps sold elsewhere), then all the bids are cancelled, and it's filed away at its original 99p.

Basket case

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »
Quite relieved really. I broke the first rule of ebay and placed a bid after a glass too many of wine. I was the highest bidder (without the funds) for a couple of days. I suspect the seller got cold feet due to there being one day left and the price was circa £7k, not £20k. Anyway, back to reality and time to finish my current projects! Nice car by the looks of it.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:06:41 PM »
If you ain't got the funds why bid on the thing?
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:13:48 PM »
I think he just explained that very clearly  ;D been there done that  ;D ;D oh the evils of drink . When I was recently widowed a glass of wine shared with the separated woman next door .... No don't remind me  :) thank goodness she moved  :).            Last weeks red mk I reached £19,750 , or thereabouts , and didn't reach reserve
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:16:38 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:56:46 PM »
If the start price was 99p, and it was withdrawn (as perhaps sold elsewhere), then all the bids are cancelled, and it's filed away at its original 99p.

Also often used nowadays to test the water - if the bid's are not up to what the seller wants they can stop the auction and cancel the bids.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »
I think he just explained that very clearly  ;D been there done that  ;D ;D oh the evils of drink . When I was recently widowed a glass of wine shared with the separated woman next door .... No don't remind me  :) thank goodness she moved  :).            Last weeks red mk I reached £19,750 , or thereabouts , and didn't reach reserve

Buy better quality wine, old boy!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 08:17:02 AM »
Just a passing thought but I wondered if the blue car was the one from the recent Aucton at Kings Lynn being flipped? Scootaintendent Boyd of the Hunslett Constabulary might know.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 11:35:48 PM »
http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=3340.60
The ex Malcolm Goldsworthy car from the 2012 Coys Blenheim auction.  Resorting it has really spoilt a nice original low mileage example in my opinion.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 09:32:27 AM »
Its the benefit of auctions. It insures the cars go to a good caring home when an enthusiast has finished with them. Ho hum.