Author Topic: Spanish Microca Rally - Manresa 6-7 June 2015  (Read 2726 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Spanish Microca Rally - Manresa 6-7 June 2015
« on: June 04, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »
This weekend is the Spanish Microcar Rally held every two years in Manresa.

The link is a TV interview telling everybody about the event. Unless you speak Spanish the interview may be of little interest, but the three cars they are showing and the old black and white photographs are very interesting.

http://www.ccma.cat/tv3/alacarta/els-matins/trobada-de-microcotxes-a-manresa/video/5530009/

Perhaps the BBC will do a similar interview for the national.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Spanish Microca Rally - Manresa 6-7 June 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:44:57 PM »
Not unless its a media covered event, which means telling the world its happening. The only time our National did get on TV was when it turned up at Pebble Mill, see National Rally webpage for that one, and when the BUMS had them there filming us. Not, I think, on the National Rally webpage. Neither really counts as a total hit. Yet our rally has appeared in Germany, America and Japan, at least, as I helped co-ordinate the filming crews that came over.

If you want good quality TV coverage you have to nominate someone to create a dialogue with them some way prior to the event. Preferably with your story as the core, this prevents the visiting film director taking over the entire show and creating difficult situations with his, probably crass, take on events. That same person really ought to be the one controlling the filming and the director so they stick to the point. In other words that person rather sacrifices his Rally, or becomes one of the central elements of the filming. A position that can lead to jealousy. 

Indeed such is the way of things, I think a Rally with filming, pre-advertised, with a venue suitable for an impressive film narration, would get a bumper attendance. It would be the event to attempt the Guinness Book of Records entry. As if to illustrate the Spanish experience, they limit the entry to a set number of cars. That suggests over subscription and a recognition of management requirements for their event within their set of limitations. We are coming from a different direction, with an open door policy.

But with a new TG anything might be possible. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:43:09 PM »
We have always had rather dismal results getting the press to cover a meet, but thanks to pre-planning as Al mentions, I was able to get a very nice piece done by the local PBS station in 1997, but only because I knew the format, knew the host and producer and let them know WELL IN ADVANCE when and where the venue was, what the format was, what to expect and why this was worth their time.

Fortunately the host was pretty good at Improv anyways and managed to do a fairly good job on his own:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KilBI8bRYQ

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
A good item, stimulate interest. I can see the problem with American Microcar Owners now. They are not hairy enough. In the UK enthusiasm does seem to be related to hairiness in so many disciplines. Its a revolution!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs