Author Topic: Stondon Auction, confirming the collecters status of the IC  (Read 3890 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
The results from the Stondon auction are in. They confirm several things I was pretty sure about.

Berkeley T60  £2,800                                                             Invacar Mk 12  £2,400
Bond Mk G     £2,400                                                             Tippen Delta     £5,000
Gullwing Cursor    £1,300
Normal Cursor      £2,200
Nobel 200       £1,800 (Bargain of the year in my opinion)

Firstly the Invalid Carriage has already arrived, and is now setting about eclipsing the frayed end of the Microcar market. Where will that all end? With the rarity of some types, and the styling as eccentric as Scootacars, I leave you to ponder that one.

As I thought. The eccentricity and usability of the Norsja Shopper is more than the Cursor can match, at the moment. I do not know why the Cursor seems to be less popular than, say, its nearest competitor, the Bamby. But it seems so.

Nobel. Well someone got a bargain. Nearly three Nobels to a Tippen Delta. There will be questions asked.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Stondon Auction, confirming the collecters status of the IC
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
Alan, you obviously attended the auction, do you by any chance know the names of any  of the buyers because several of those cars are  on the Register already and Alastair would love to know the names of their new owners even if they been sold to foreign parts.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »
Sorry, not present myself. I was flashed the information by a friend. I believe two are with a RUMster judging by another message received. You would be amazed what info I get told by knowing lots of folk who are not always micronauts. The old spy network.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 08:26:41 PM »
I agree Al, i think the Nobel 200 was a complete bargain, just wished i had kept my eye on that one and had a bid.
The Cursors, well one for £1,300 fairly cheap considering what they go for on E-bay. Not sure why the other went for £2,200.

The Invacars, well i think it's showing the interest in these things, i think the rarity of them they can only go up, how many Tippen Deltas are Known do you think?
I need to stop buying!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 11:14:58 AM »
Quote from Big Al
"You would be amazed what info I get told by knowing lots of folk who are not always micronauts. The old spy network."
Alan, in the interests of keeping tabs on some of the rare micros changing hands these days, it would be nice if you could share some of this information, without breaking any confidences, with Alastair.  Alastair is the sole of discretion and would not pass any information on without the express permission of the current owner, but it would make our records so much more meaningful.  So many new owners have no idea that the cars new to them are already on the Register or at least known to us.  In so many cases when they find out we have much more information about it's past history they are delighted.
Anyone else reading, this remember, we have been collecting information since 1980 and if you have recently bought a car from whatever source check with Alastair Lauchland to see if he knows of your car, you may be surprised at the results.  Let him have as much information as possible but particularly the Registration and chassis numbers.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »
The results of the auction are available to anyone here:
http://www.brightwells.com/ClassicCarsMotorcyclesAutomobilia/ClassicVehicles/Results.aspx?dt=100615&year=2015&month=06&day=10

I hope I did not crack the code of this spy network by posting that bit of publicly accessible information.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
Spoton Spondon Spydone. All sources of info are as good as the info given. Such sites serve to prove information received. Sometimes it turns out the spies are wrong! Sometimes the publicly accessible information is wrong, after passing through a PR company for instance. Like Beaulieu is Europe's biggest Autojumble - Nope.