Author Topic: New microcars and bubblecars forum.  (Read 3826 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
New microcars and bubblecars forum.
« on: June 02, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »
Hi all.
A while back I was wondering how hard is was to set up a forum these days. I was thinking, surely not as hard as it used to be now that companies host them for you.
Just as a learning exercise I set one up and it was reasonably straight forward. Posting photo's is easy and the general layout is quite straightforward to navigate ones way around.
I invited a couple of friends to sign on to it to see that it worked and to familiarise myself with how to authorize new members etc.
It now seems a waste to have set it all up and not actually launch it as a live forum.

So, are you game for a bit of fun? Here we go

http://vintagemicrocarsandbubblecars.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=8521086642386de17e4231b96e8d749c

I just want to emphasise I'm not viewing this as a rival in anyway to this great forum, there may not be room for two, especially as this one is so well established now. We will soon find out but it could be handy as its not affiliated with any club or organisation so you can more or less talk about anything you like.
Why not have a look, sign up, hop from one forum to another other to keep up with what's going on.  If it flops, then nothing has been lost but at least I learned a bit about forums.
Hopefully I will see you there.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: New microcars and bubblecars forum.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »
Those of you who registered this afternoon are now activated.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:07:14 PM »
Cheers Bob. Looks very interesting.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 12:19:46 AM »
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum. Salutie! Ooo. Agh. Now about flopping.

What? Titter yea not.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:24:37 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:50 AM »
Are you joining us Lurcio? ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »
Staying completely off topic highlight of our highland holidays last year was hearing a pair of Frankie Howerd Ducks - YouTube it - really fascinating and lovely , we listened for over a half hour  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »
What on earth is a Frankie Howard Duck?
Again staying off topic, new forum has 19 members all ready. Wish more would post though. Same as this one really, hundreds of members and only a handful of contributors.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »
Google or you tube it Bob . Well worth it it's the eider duck and has the call that "sounds like frankie howerd looking through the keyhole " hilarious and nature at its best  :) ( I can do smileys on here )
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 08:31:26 AM »
Unlike the flightless Cider Duck, experts at Bobbing though.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 12:19:17 PM »
Just an update to let you know that the fledgling forum is doing well, 26 members as of this morning.
This includes some of you but an equal number of interested chaps from the Isetta club, electric car clubs and an assortment of others. It's a forum for all microcars, not just unusual ones and gasp horror, It even has an IC section! ;D Included also is a section for replica builds.
So, when you have finished catching up reading and posting on this great one feel free to pop over and take a gander at the sister forum. [approved by Jean!]  Thanks to those who have helped me so far in launching this. A great learning exercise for me. ;)  All are welcome.

http://vintagemicrocarsandbubblecars.freeforums.org/index.php

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
34 members now and is fast becoming a favourite with Bonders!

http://vintagemicrocarsandbubblecars.freeforums.org/index.php
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:55:22 PM by Bob Purton »