Author Topic: Info Request  (Read 3655 times)

Jon 90

• Just Starting
Info Request
« on: June 15, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »
Hello,

I am a new member so apologies for any incorrect proceedure.

I`ve had an Invacar Mk12 for about 3 years, it came from the same batch as the AC Acedes recently sold in Morecambe mentioned below. Its been in storage all this time but i`ll have to bring it home soon as I`m loosing the use of the garage.

It`s in a bit of a state with a collapsed chassis etc but it`s all there and the bodywok isn`t too bad. I`m quite keen to get stuck in but it has no number plate or V5. Can somebody please tell me HOW & IF it`s possible to get an ID for this car and get it back on the road. Many thanks

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Info Request
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 07:10:51 PM »
Well I would say that you wouldn't have a leg to stand on - but that's not big and it's not funny  ;D maybe try sending stuart cyphus a personal message - not sure if he checks in here nowadays , I am sure he would know what to do . I like these models but didn't win the ones I bid on , shame really but then again I do have a bit on already
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »
If you have a chassis number it can get a plate. Touble is many have had the chassis plate removed to gain the scrappage bounty. Sadly I never worked out where this was stamped on the chassis, but I think like the Type 70 the front suspension head stock area locks favourite. Stuart holds a lot of records and a chassis number will put him warm on dating, though we can tell the model, A through to E, apart from fittings. So date is possible with proper pictorial evidence.

Anyway, you need to get hold of Stuart.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jon 90

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:07 PM »
Many thanks, will search for ID plate and try Stuart.