Author Topic: More auction results  (Read 2137 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
More auction results
« on: June 17, 2015, 09:20:47 AM »
Further sales of Microcars at Anglian Auctions seem to have stumbled on not reaching reserve. So no sale of KR200 £24k?, Zundapp Janus £32k? or Empolini.

However the twice 'sold' Goggomobil T400 in red alleged to have reached around £5k previously, in other auctions, has been noted as being knocked down for a more realistic £2,677. pPotentially a good car the owner chose not to take advantage of access to original parts and, while I have not seen it finished, it has much incorrect trim. I had all the bits the car needed when I saw it at a Bath Rally. I was tempted to buy it from auction, but with the car restored to the wrong fittings would putting the correct parts on in danger of expose many areas of  miss-restored car. An unsatisfactory result, possibly. At £2,677 I can see someone might use, or review its condition to original.

The KR200 rather confirms my feeling that £20k is very nearly top whack at the moment. Bare in mind that a running but unrestored scruffy car has just sold, last week, for £12k (owner of long standing not aided by club support or spares supply - yes these things do matter if you want to retain good members who wanted to use the car. Patience ran out, bye bye.) and that sounds about right.

Zundapp, well I cannot comment with authority. For myself they look out of sight and I can think of many better cars I can buy at the suggested prices. Glad I had one when it was possible!

Auctions remain very hard to read, and the home of much chicanery.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs