Author Topic: Bond on eBay  (Read 4437 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Bond on eBay
« on: June 19, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »
Bond, Oh yeah! Clacton, that is the home of, oh darn, I forgot. Active micronaut.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Bond on eBay
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 08:46:16 PM »
If that's a Bond, then I'm a Jock Strap!  :o
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »
At first glance it looked like a modified Kindred Spirit, think it's too narrow though.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »
according to DVLA its a Bond , Date of Reg 05 March 1959 , 250cc , silver , three wheeler , Road Tax exempt , Mot exempt ,

some how that rings a bell - very loud , best stay clear from the deal  ;D

Alan

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 03:27:58 PM »
I remember that from when it was last sold - it is a complete one-off and I thought many details looked quite well made.

Is that a complete Morgan front crossmember and uprights?  It certainly looks like it.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 05:30:42 PM »
It does look well made - but when was it made?

The body, frame, engine - and layout! - are not from the Bond it purports to have been. Why, then, would it be counted as "1959", for tax and MoT purposes?

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 11:00:12 PM »
Whoever built it used a  'live' 1959 Bond log book at DVLA to register it? 8)
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 06:55:55 PM »
Dear Dave

Will the Bond Register be notifying the DVLA of this  Discrepancy, and helping them to correct the situation, Or will they hope that the DVLA will discover it one day?

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 07:09:58 PM »
There is a Bond Owners Club but I can't see why they would want to get involved would they ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 07:49:57 PM »
I'm tempted to "get involved", but that's nothing to do with the Bond Owners Club. It's because I think that cars ought to have gone through the required checks to ensure their safety on the road.  So that I, and the rest of us, are safer.

When a car is built, or significantly converted, to a novel design, there are checks that it meets construction and use requirements, and - for anything built since the beginning of 1960 - that it continues to meet the safety standards set out in the MoT.

As a road user, do I want people inventing their own vehicles, and putting them on the road under their own estimate as to my safety?  Or having an accident, the injuries and damages from which their insurance company will not cover, once they see what the vehicle really is?

No.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 10:47:14 PM »
Additional

- with the new pre '60 access to no MOT, thus no engineers check on construction, use or condition, ever.

I think we all know what is going on here. Like the Heinkel thing that went to Holland, was it?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs