Author Topic: Bond Minicar seat - shaken not stirred ?  (Read 6948 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Bond Minicar seat - shaken not stirred ?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 02:58:22 PM »
I don't think the springs would have been thick/resistant enough anyway but am I alone I cannot pass a skip without having a shufty  ;)
( another weekend with best of intentions but awful rain like last Sunday , but quite against the forecast )
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:00:56 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »
am I alone I cannot pass a skip without having a shufty 

Definitely not alone!  When we had a wood-burning stove, we used to get a lot of free heat from skips ...

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »
couple of weeks ago house up the street had new concrete floor , the newish wood floor was ripped out and skipped with same day removal/incinerate orders - but along came the skip rats and the newish timbers went with them , when the guy came for the skip the joiner was on hand and remarked that the floor was ripped out because of dry rot !!!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 08:03:41 AM »
Dangers of timber with a lot of sapwood and not traditionally seasoned.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »
whilst on business in Morecambe this week, Hi-di-hi Bonders , I saw a skip and associated rubbish by the side of the road and wondered as you do , how easy would it be to make ones own car seat from a discarded mattress ?

mm, at Morecambe are they still using the bus shelters as mausoleums'   ;D

back to the seat how's about a cot mattress (or 2 ) ?

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 03:59:43 PM »
A Morris Minor Travellor back seat fits a Mk D very well, but looks wrong.  How about starting with a sprung car seat, cutting away springs at lower back and sides, until it fits, then recovering the lot, with the Bond-style vinyl and stitch pattern?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 04:41:52 PM »
weii I have this new base now but still have to make a rear backrest , I think I have the measurements still ,where on earth would you find a sprung car seat to work on
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977