Author Topic: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY 2015  (Read 5608 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY 2015
« on: July 11, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »
Don't forget our Open Day on Sunday, 26th  July 2015.  We are hoping for good weather and a bumper turn out.  Bring your microcar to show to other people or just come enjoy the cars that do come.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

3horsepower

• Occasional
Re: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:26:37 PM »
Don't forget that we have a campsite at School House Farm with toilets & shower. There is a pub just a short stroll across the fields that provides good pub grub up until 7.45 in the evening.  We still have some availability and if you are bringing a micro car, we will provide FREE overnight camping for you and up to 4 people but please book as we are getting quite full. The actual Open Day is Sunday 26 July 2015 from 10.30 am

Check out our website on www.schoolhousefarmcamping.com

This coming weekend 18/19 July, our wonderful band of Friends are coming along to put the final touches preparing the collection for the big day & to help us organise the driving event for the Open Day afternoon.  In addition to all that, we also have visits from around 30 cars from the Marina Owners Club on the 18th, plus The 700 Club (Austin 7's) and The Vintage Cycle Club on the 19th July so lots happening.

I hope as many of you can make the open day as possible - I know it is such a special event in Mum's calendar.  Hope to see you!

Thanks

Lesley
Lesley 3 horse power Cook:)

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 08:39:29 PM »
I'm packed and ready , bringing the Qpod and the finished peel chassis

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 12:48:55 PM »
I second that, bit under the weather myself today so unfortunately I'm unable to attend  >:(, though it appears it's stopped raining so hopefully the event is all going according to plan.  ::)

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 01:35:44 PM »
a couple of pics! ;D
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »
Lloyd 600 , a four stroke twin this time, rare in UK but not as much as the two strokes , Alan Budd in the Petite ? , nice Bond D the one I borrowed off the previous owner and thoroughly enjoyed the Bonds Abroad Rally on the Isle of Man - I loved that car but heard too late that it was for sale : (.   On second thoughts that's not Alan Budd so is it Tony Pettingil ? God it looked bleak !
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:53:26 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

3horsepower

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 12:43:58 AM »
It was certainly an Open Day for the robust!  After consistent dry years, I suppose our luck was bound to run out one day. None the less we had a surprising number of visitors, the parking held up and nobody sunk.  We had visitors from both Holland, Germany & France and it was great to see the Lloyd making it debut after a loving restoration.  Alan Budd seems to have won Jamie over to liking the AC Petite having taken him for a spin to Headcorn & back.
Many more photos on School House Farm Camping - facebook.
Thanks to everyone who did come along although we really do not blame anyone for cancelling, given the weather & all the headlines about Operation Stack.  I for one enjoyed myself and I think we can predict a hot, sunny event next year!  8)
Lesley 3 horse power Cook:)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:36 AM »
Operation Stack, should be sponsored by Pringles. I never tied that into folks approach to Staplehurst. Unhelpful.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 12:23:02 PM »
I thought I had posted this when I wrote it first thing yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared into the ether!!!!!

I would like to say a 'big thank you' to all of you who so valiantly turned what could have been an absolute disaster into a better day then anyone could have expected. Many hands made both preparing, running and clearing up afterwards so much easier for the family.  I am sorry that I was very much on the sidelines but I had a good day because things went so well without any input from me.  While I was 'holding court' in the Conservatory so many of the visitors said how good the Bubble Shed look with all its additions and improvements, thanks mostly to son-in-law Michael' hard works ,and how much they enjoyed our Open Days including this soggy one because it was always so relaxed and so friendly. In spite of the weather we had visitors from Holland, Germany, France. all parts of England as well as several new local folk who joined us for the first time.  85 visitors were counted, but Lesley feels there were others who crept in unnoticed. 
So I hope everyone will take a big pat on the back for all their efforts and let's hope next year we will have the sunshine again to grace an even bigger and better event.

I know all the family will join me in saying we could never do it without all your help.  Watch Lesley's Face Book page for photos.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars