Author Topic: Leeds Bond Club  (Read 3158 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Leeds Bond Club
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
Great new website by Alan Roper with lots of photos and historical information about the Leeds Bond club.

http://www.leedsbondclub.com/
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Leeds Bond Club
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:36:02 PM »
Very pleasant reading - but there must be so much more . Will three more to follow do you think ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:43:07 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 07:50:40 AM »
What is clear when you read these old histories is the number of skilled professionally grubby handed people who were quite happy to tackle technical repairs on their own cars. Some well educated, some time served, but all clever at problem solving and using their heads. The sort of people my Father worked with. Create a club on a help for all basis and there is pretty much nothing that cannot be rebuilt among such folk. I admire such hands on skills, but there seems ever less of them, in favour of pushing buttons. The place has changed in 50 years.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:58 AM »
I liked the 90mph race story in the 875!

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:03:23 PM »
I liked the 90mph race story in the 875!
they tend to calm down around 80  8)

great site thanks for the link , I know Teesside BMOC members had camera's , and the film/developing would come from club funds , but what has happened to the photos I know not , out 'big' trophy was 'The Rose Bowl' , after the club folded and years later I heard one of the old member's held it as he was the last winner , sadly now passed on ,
We would get visits from Sharps/Bond's reps giving talks , Doug Ferreria was favoured with his 8mm movies  , and Lionel Hudson (?) from Villiers with his stripped down engines giving how two's on clutch/gearbox/siba/barrel and piston repairs .
Sadly all now memory's - the better days when people helped each other .   

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »
Well I cannot complain of lack of help generally and on this forum , thanks one and all  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977