Author Topic: Bootifull backsides  (Read 17170 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Bootifull backsides
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »
 ;D ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 12:02:40 PM »
So a cellulite smooth, deformed and dropping, 60 year old rear is the height of the micronautical rubenesque taste in the neither regions on display to the world. I can only suggest painting a W on each cheek and bending over to say Wow, what a lot of tailgating purves!  ;D

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »
Well this topic has hardly developed into the beauty pageant that I was hoping for , but there are a couple in there . I still think Bruetsch , as a designer , has it .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »
I cycled through Greenwich today and parked near the Cutty Sark was a Mercedes Benz 219, A registered, black, chrome trimmings and whitewall tyres. Lookde good from all angles, even behind. One of the very few good looking MB's I have ever seen, most are just big ugly lumps! This one is not dissimilar in shape to a Rover P4, but a bit less staid.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 01:48:02 PM »
It's a ruddy cheek  :) that Bobbette has had plastic surgery !  :)

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 02:06:03 PM »
Lipo(lyester).
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2015, 02:19:31 PM »
I have long thought that the Goggomobil Dart was a copy of the Bruetsch Pfeil - even to the name Pfeil means Dart in German - cheeky  :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:47:04 PM by richard »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2015, 06:29:01 PM »
Goggomobil, no e please, its German not American, Dart, styled by Stan Brown, from memory, ex- Lotus man, for Bill Buckle. You can see the vague image of the Lotus 11 in the lines. The drop down optional extra door sealing hereditary. Daimler and Dodge (GM) also used the name Dart leading to a tiff over that. From the rear the Dart retains its Goggo look as the lines, though lower, as matched and the Saloon parts from a knock down Dingolfing kit used from the standard production line. It is, in effect a stylistic alteration like a Fiat Jolly and the Chassis number does not immediately tell you what car type it is originally from. So exact numbers made are hard to know.

Another car in the Micro lists, but to my mind a light car, that manages to be a differently styled, but recognisable house style, at the same time, is the Citroen Bijou, from Slough. It has rather good lines and having had a few its a frustration it was never available with the later mechanics, nor has a replica been done. So I must be in the minority of liking this car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2015, 06:45:17 PM »
Sorry I did think later about the e . I wasn't really thinking that Buckle copied as such but more likely saw it and thought " ah I could do that with a Goggo "

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 10:15:05 AM »
Buckle was rather unapproachable on Darts for a long time. But I think some information was winkled out in the end. I know some of it, but I expect there is more I have not seen. Its a topic worthy of private investigation, should that be of interest to folk.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 05:10:23 PM »
Dear Alan

I would welcome a well researched article for Rumcar News about the Goggo Dart. Since Mike O'Balance pass on I have not had very much in RCN for Goggo fans.

I leave that thought with you.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »
Lotus Eleven lineage is now quite clear to me in the photo provided.
Funny that it never occurred to me to see it, as I must have been seeing it with an engineer's eye as a rear engined creation, hence the non connection with the front engined Lotus.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 12:08:53 PM »
Hi Steven are you talking of the Bruetsch Pfeil or the Goggo Dart ? I don't know the Lotus 11 could we have a pic ? Thanks - ah yes the Goggo Dart rear wings - got it and time wise it fits doesn't it ?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:13:30 PM by richard »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
Just a thought , is it a legal requirement that a licence plate be fitted flat I.e. With no curve at all ? I had imagined fitting it almost to the curve of the rear on the Pfeil . Are sticky licence numbers fitted to the car body also illegal ? Thanks again

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »
Regardless of the Law I would not advise putting any sticky label on fibre-glass!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face