Author Topic: Rumcars at the National.  (Read 6253 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Rumcars at the National.
« on: July 29, 2015, 01:57:19 PM »
What with the National fast approaching I wondered if Rumcars were going to have a stand for promotional purposes? If so some of us could take turns at manning it?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Rumcars at the National.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 09:03:25 PM »
Dear Bob

I intend to do what I did last year and ask the organisers if I can have a corner to put up a Gazebo and with a few tables to lay out a few bits. I intend to encourage owners to register their cars and subscribe to Rumcar News. Last year we did quite well with Mike Shepherd on the next plot and Mike's Mochet parked between. That was the big draw. What we need is something equally as unusual to pull in the punters. Any offers Bob?

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:22:35 PM »
Dear Bob

The Elswick is now in new ownership. All my collection has gone.

Chris Thomas

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 05:31:12 PM »
Chris. We would be proud to find you a space for your gazebo.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »
Dear Bob

The Elswick is now in new ownership. All my collection has gone.

Chris Thomas

Oh dear. No toys. Is there a plan to buy something else?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 09:15:36 PM »
Dear Malcolm

Many thanks for letting us take up some of your space.

So Guys and Gals ( oh dear that sounds too Jammy Servile) what car should we try and get to grab the attention of the visitors? It needs to be rare like Mike's Mochet was last year.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 09:06:07 AM »
Richard's Gordon - suggested by NBNMC (Nasty Bastards, No Mates Club) as he is going to Beaulieu  ;).

Stuart plans to take two oddballs, one is one of I think 7 imported, the other is 1 of 1 imported, and its not an IC. This would help him, as he is also wanting to take his Peel too. So that's a double trip up, and a double trip back. So having a stand to monitor the car left might be a good idea. I will not take his thunder by saying what the cars are. (It would be an occasion to register one of them, I believe)

While I hope to take a rare car, being Fiat based I do not think its really the right sort of machine at the home of potentially considerable weirdness.

Second suggestion, if its not sold. The Tony Marshal Astra, if it could be shored up underneath satisfactory - chassis has failed I think. It sounds worse than it is. A very restorable rare car. It might find a buyer, if it can be seen. Its used to be stored not to far from the Rally venue. It could be transported to free/cheaper storage thereafter. I would like to do the car myself, My Uncle had a Jarc, but I know it will never happen. To many projects already, sigh.
if it can be seen to be otherwise not to bad a restoration project.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
I for one would love to an Astra  :) and I am sure not alone in that . I would have to rely on photos as mike and I are committed to Beaulieu
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »
mike and I are committed to Beaulieu

After being found guilty of gibbering like loonies on finding some obscure light fittings. The world does not understand bubbleosis, but casts suffers to treatment courses in cardboard boxes and home made tents somewhere in the New Forest. Or was it cardboad tents and home made boxes?

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »
Don't get me wrong Bob, I am not adverse to replicas just so long as they are registered as replicas with the DVLA. Thus they cannot get mistaken for originals in the distant future and mislead unfortunate enthusiasts into thinking they have they have an original 50/60's version, especially as the rare originals are now attaining huge amounts of money when they change hands.

I think the Bobette would be a nice modern vehicle to compliment an original 1950's something on the stand, however I rather understand that Tony's Astra probably would not stand being moved around unless it was done very, very carefully   It would be a great shame to cause it even more damage before it could be offered to a genuine enthusiast for restoration.      Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 12:57:18 PM »
Dear Bob

I presume Bobette will be roadworthy and attending the National under its own steam as a normal entrant? If not I am sure everybody would love to see it in the flesh on the Rumcar Stand.

I have been talking to a few owners and I think we have a suitable vehicle, or two to wet peoples curiosity.

Final arrangements yet to be made.

It is a shame that Richard Warren will not be at the National and neither will Mike Shepherd I gather. Still I expect the rest of you will be there and willing to help man the stand, and answer questions, and hand out leaflets, and generally network with each other.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »
nonsense Bob it will be of great interest and quite possibly belle of the ball !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977