« on: August 09, 2015, 04:32:26 AM »
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: ACA
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »
Not picked up on the no reverse. It has a reversing dynostart fitted and I can see the Black Box in the picture. I suspect the selling folk do not know how to use the controls to make it go backwards.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
I cant even find it on the link ,that's me for you  :) are we mixing up no reserve with no reverse here ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 12:24:22 PM »
See if this link works any better:
http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/latest-classic-car-catalogue/saturday-22nd-august-2015/

I can't see any mention (or visual evidence) of reverse on either the i.c. or the Bond.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 12:45:38 PM »
ah thanks Dave . I cant see a black box but but bow to Al on I.C. issues - he has seen a few , and they all have reverse don't they ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 01:38:24 PM »
Look at the pic of the engine. beyond the heater and pipe is the black box, featuring overspray of blue. You can see the 5 big black leads, plus medium one, rather than 3 exiting the engine. So the infrastructure is present.

Not aware of later Villier IC not having reverse. It was a clear winning option as a cheap solution to the manufacturers of these cars.

Reserve is present but the tap actually has a thre way action. So reserve is a separate feed to the bottom of the tank, liable to get polluted by crude. The main reed is another pipe with a take-off some two thirds down the tank. The tap thus switches between two pipes and off. Its brass and well made. It might well work for an Isetta with a modification to the double pipe arrangement. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 01:50:13 PM »
good spotting Al - but it was only you that ever mentioned no reverse in the first place wasn't it ?  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 07:16:13 PM »
Yes, because I cannot read straight.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 08:08:55 PM »
A bunch of crocs on here , one way and the other - myself included ; )

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »
Funny you should say that. I thought about starting a collection of Zimmer frames this weekend. Be brilliant. I can test them out in the lane. THen there are the commercial versions called sack trucks.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:48 AM »
I didn't know there was a villiers powered version of the Model 70.  Still looking for a good body (x3) for my rolling chassis.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
Its not. Its a Type 14 or 15, like the pair we collected from Trysul a few years ago. The Mk15 had uprated front suspension from the Mk14 carried over from the Mk12. All had central spar chassis, not dissimilar to the Mk12.

The Type 70 was developed out of the Mk14/15. It gained the plateform chassis and the Steyr Puch engine / Salisbury drive after supply of the Fiat 500 engine failed. The rear suspension is straight Fiat 126. You will notice that the Mk14/15 does not have enlarged rear wings for the 10 inch wheels that replaced the 12 inch wheels used with the Villiers. (Thought the Fiat and Steyr used 12 inch wheels rather than 10 inch!) This required a adaption so Girling brakes and Mini wheels could be fitted. So to gear up the Type 70 you could go to 12 inch skinnies, which would see something over 80 mph up!

That said I think you could convert the Mk14/15 to fit a Type 70 chassis. But really it needs to be an example that has the floor hanging, or the engine robbed. The Mk14/15 is much rarer than the Type 70. I no longer own nor control the massed ranks of Mk12 that were here. I discharged my duty and returned the buyers their expenditure, as promised. Simon Mackoen now has the residual cars. So you might get a Mk12 shell off him.

This example for sale looks OK and wants bought.