Author Topic: split topic  (Read 6837 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: split topic
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 06:23:39 PM »
Without Jim we would not have a Rumcar Forum. It would have been destroyed by hackers long ago. Keep up the good work Jim

Chris Thomas

I agree with Chris. Thank you for all your hard work, Jim.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 08:23:02 PM »
100% behind you Jim.
I need to stop buying!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 07:50:37 AM »
Banana split? ???

Ah, we have regained a recognisable topic here, after diffusion on the topic of diffusion. Not, I suspect an Old Banana Split, then.

I agree guys. Might be missing something, but I see little ground to base having a competing forum on the basis of what Jim has done wrong. Ever was the case that doing your task right, well and quietly, was to invite a slap in the face. That is why I left employment to work for myself, as I ever found folks did this to me. Jim offers quiet motivation to enthusiasts here by keeping the pitch clean and level to play on. If you look round the web he pops up intelligently in many other places. Unlike myself he generally keeps his own council, no practising oratory in the mirror or waving arms about.

This all goes back to RUMcar voting strongly to have freedom of information on publicly advertised machinery, after serious bullying of a young lad who only wanted to learn how to join in what might have been his hobby, does it not? I tried hard to get him to come back privately, but he was deeply wounded by his treatment, and we loose just what the cars need, younger interested folk. Not an isolated case either. Jim applied the required response, I feel, in a very measured way. But it was with the backing of a majority.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
simple answer toss of a coin , one forum 2 at the front , the other forum 2 at the back  :-X

whoops forgot about 4 wheelers  :o

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 11:58:48 AM »
It's unwise to believe you can police the internet, by it's very nature it is open and democratic.

If individuals wish to create their own sandpit to play in, don't worry about it, better to concentrate on making your own area a pleasant place to dwell.

1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 12:07:14 PM »
Oh well said Andy  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 03:39:16 PM »
calm down just shut the gate behind you  :-X

http://www.world-of-reliant.org.uk/phpBB3/index.php