Author Topic: Bond MkF to Orkneys  (Read 4231 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Bond MkF to Orkneys
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:19:10 AM »
Shortly my chum Captain Bondseye is shuttling his trusty Bond Mk F from Norfolk up to Orkney, by dint of driving it. He has had enough of England, sold his business, and is moving. I have yet to find out if the other cars are to be driven up. If I was not stuck here, I would volunteer to drive one. Seems there is a Schmitt up there  somewhere, well it might be, or it might be in France as Nick is/has restoring/restored it. Its the non club folk who do the miles in these cars these days. No idea if he is taking in the National, must remind him its on as he probably has forgotten.
Apparently Tony M is up there too. Things moving forward positively by the sounds of it.

So if you spot a lonely Bond heading for the hills that's who it is.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Bond MkF to Orkneys
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
Dear Al

It may be the only Bond Type F on Orkney for a good reason. It can be very windy on the island, being light and on 3 wheels may make for some interesting driving. I wish him luck and the Island is beautiful when the sun shines.

Chris Thomas

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:14:53 PM »
well done - and driving it is the best way to move it ,
also regarding the above poster  >:( this is a Bond Mk F we are talking about , some body must be thinking of a certain Two Gated affair , only thing to watch is the wind with those dam bonnet hinges  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 08:11:51 PM »
Oh, its a tourer, too. Quite rare. He has a Schmitt, Hienkel and others if its wet. Not so sure what happens if its windy. Be a bit interesting on the Churchill moles joining the isles together.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »
Bond has checked in at Thurso after three days on the road at an average speed of just over 25 mph. All 650 plus miles done in the rain. A few maladies, but none that prevent forward progress. Which microcar will drive up next?

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »
Yes, there's a Schmitt there. Belongs to Neil Kermode. I restored it a few years ago and met him with it near Edinburgh. I've put Tony Marshall in touch with him.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.