Author Topic: bmw600  (Read 3861 times)

a1city

• Just Starting
bmw600
« on: September 06, 2015, 10:46:31 AM »
First ever post on this forum for me! just wishing to find out how many of these we have in RUM and maybe touch base with a few likeminded folk.
Mine is still to be collected,but these cars just MAKE ME SMILE!!!!!           have a happy sunday dave

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: bmw600
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:56:39 AM »
I have two 300's-  does that count?

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:14:05 PM »
First ever post on this forum for me! just wishing to find out how many of these we have in RUM and maybe touch base with a few likeminded folk.
Mine is still to be collected,but these cars just MAKE ME SMILE!!!!!           have a happy sunday dave
Make contact with Alastair Lauchland who is the keeper of the Register of Unusual Microcars and he should be able to get some BMW 600 owners  in touch with you, especially if you put your example on the Register.
Otherwise the Isetta Club (GB) has a BMW 600 section I believe and they should be able give you some information.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

a1city

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »
steve thanks for the lesson in arithmatic     LOL . Just as soon as i get grubby little mits on it ,i,ll register it and speak to alastair. enjoy

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 08:35:26 AM »
BMW 600 struggled to make a sales impression here, not least for being LHD. So there are not to many of them here. I guess 20 in the UK. Some are USA spec and have been imported over the water. Some get sniffy about that and the stylistic changes. One UK one is, I believe, still listed as stolen - John Dobb, of Telford. I think that one was two tone grey, or some such. So take care its not that one, If it is possible, report it. There are others out there and I am sure the finder would be aided to another car to buy for his due diligence. Good luck with it.

I still have some spare glass screens for a BMW 600.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

a1city

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »
hi not a grey one,  its that common blue and white(bah). i believe european spec,20 you say .not many whichever way you slice it then ".GLASS"
 i believe i need a side glass i will check back with you."once i get my grubby mits on it" dave

Alan Town

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 12:21:11 PM »
H One & all,
yes, I have owned for over twenty years, a road worthy a 1958 BMW 600 USA Spec but with a 700cc motor.    All restored beautifully by the always clever Colin Archer.
   It will be on show @ NEC Isetta Club Stand in November Classic Car Show.     I am now selling her but keeping the Tg 500.
Glad to have joined in.    Cheers Mes Amis,    Alan Town   

LeeBuckman

• Just Starting
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »
Hi. I am in the process of restoring a US spec BMW 600 and live in the UK. They are certainly a rare car and even more so in the UK. I only know of 6 in the UK but suspect there are a few more but probably less than 20 !

Here are some pictures of mine :

It would be good to know a bit more about your car, where did you get it from, whats the condition like, where are you based etc ?

I am in Kent.

Regards

Lee