Author Topic: villiers transfer, decal,  (Read 5764 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
villiers transfer, decal,
« on: September 23, 2015, 09:07:53 AM »
found recently amongst other bits and pieces - any idea what the full wording would be on this unused waterslide transfer
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: villiers transfer, decal,
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 06:05:45 PM »
Whatever was made along with dies and motor it was original. HEPACO input? If the lion gets run over, never mind, out of the strong came sweetness.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 06:49:02 PM »
 The Hepaco invincible stuff is the maker of the transfer- I was looking for ideas as to what the concealed transfer might say - so I can sell it for lots of money  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:20:01 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:23:01 PM »
Could it be a secret treasure map?
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:29:45 AM »
Oh for the days when Hepaco Invincible was a brand of transfers ! What on earth would they have called the iPhone or t'net

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:37:24 AM »
Heparco are associated to emergency service equipment. So would this transfer be appropriate to donkey engines on pumps, generators, or other machinery needed as auxiliary power on such older designs of these devices? Bit like the old Coventry Climax Godiva trailer pump. It would be a mark of licence, along the lines of a Royal Warrant, maybe, or just plain ownership in the public domain to discourage units walking into private ownership.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 09:21:33 AM »
Thanks al I had the link but hadn't put 2 and 2 together! Ok so I have possibly diesel hidden and possibly original ? But that seems unlikely

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »
From elsewhere, I see that Hepaco is definitely the name of a series of transfers, used on manufactured goods where they wanted the design to put up with hard use and stay visible.

Oddly, many of the old transfers available for sale are like the one Richard has found:  with the centre obliterated, sometimes very crudely, by the printer's details.   I wonder if they are test, or sample, items issued by the printer, and the final versions would then be produced with the correct full design.

It's tempting to read "Diesel" into the first word, but there isn't really space for the el and then a gap.  Also, British mention of Villiers products always calls them engines, not motors.

I thought I was onto something there, and thought perhaps German as "This machine [something like 'is fitted with an'] original Villiers engine"  would translate as DIESE MASCHINE ..... ORIGINAL VILLIERS MOTOR.

Then I noticed that the German has an ess in "Maschine".  Damn.  Back to the drawing board ...

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
Thanks Dave for the thoughtful input

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »
If its Diesel Machine, then its i-----it?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »
It's cheaper than a puzzler word search