Author Topic: MoT history now available online  (Read 2632 times)

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
MoT history now available online
« on: October 20, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »
I don't know how long it's been available, but I only just found out:

You can now check a car's MoT history ( in FULL detail ) at:  https://mot-history.net/  (Government website)

plas man

• Quite Chatty
Re: MoT history now available online
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 08:18:29 PM »
it comes up but wont let me access , even the modern family car - typical; goverment department  >:(

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »
What do you mean "it won't let you access"?  It works perfectly for me, on all the cars I can remember the numbers of.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:04:14 PM by DaveMiller »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 11:29:02 PM »
That's great. I've just been checking some Nissan Micras I thought would be ok for me. Amazing how many MOT failures over the years some cars have had.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 07:23:11 AM »
What do you mean "it won't let you access"?  It works perfectly for me, on all the cars I can remember the numbers of.

I'm sorry - when I read it again, that sounds rude.  What I mean is: what happens, when you try to use it?

I have found that it can't give an answer if the car is no longer listed or is too new to have ever had an MoT, but otherwise comes up with the dates of each MoT, since about 2007, and the full wording of any advisories, or reasons for failure.  It's past history, of course, but if you are thinking of buying the car, it does give useful info on what work has been done and - for recent stuff - allows you to check that it has been done.

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 03:18:12 PM »
working ok to-day , last night it would accept the reg No but not the make , also of note if MOT exempt it states vehicle not known .
the other site will tell you it is taxed even if tax exempt .

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAAahUKEwi1u5zs4NPIAhWLlQ0KHckiCe0&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.uk%2Fcheck-vehicle-tax&usg=AFQjCNHfRlD8n1Aw4Babpxnp8nUmrMO_rw
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:21:15 PM by plas man »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »
Is this information I want known about my cars and my movements? Do I want people approaching my MOT man when we had an understanding? Sadly, or perhaps hust in time, he has retired through ill health. Nearest 3 wheel test is now 20 miles away. I look forward to pre '60 motoring!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
... also of note if MOT exempt it states vehicle not known .
the other site will tell you it is taxed even if tax exempt .

My 1951 Bond, now MoT exempt, was MoT'd from 2009 until last year, and the details of those MoTs do show up.  I guess if a car hasn't been MoT'd in recent years, but is now on the road as MoT exempt, there's nothing for the MoT website to report.

As to the "vehicle taxed" website, remember that no vehicle is tax exempt:  the tax may be ┬únil, but you're still required to apply for it (or to declare SORN).  The website will then show which of these options you've chosen, and when the choice expires.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 05:56:49 PM »
Do I want people approaching my MOT man when we had an understanding? Sadly, or perhaps hust in time, he has retired through ill health.

I don't understand the difficulty.  The website will show the faults or advisories that the tester decided formally to report to you (and the system).  Anything the tester decided to accept as OK won't show.

The website will then also show if you got it fixed.

Where's the problem?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 06:49:04 PM »
I can think of many. But I would not go into it here, as it would cause unrest like correct registration information.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs