Author Topic: Belcar - rear axle  (Read 2536 times)

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
Belcar - rear axle
« on: October 24, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »
Since a couple of weeks, I'm working on my newly aquired Belcar (Swiss licence of Brütsch 200). The car is absolutly complete and has a fantastic patina, but the technique is not that well. Lot's of problems with hydraulic brakes, king-pins etc. Now, I would like to source a replacement rear axle as the one from the car has been welded one day... The hub's are KNOTT like on the messerschmitts and probably a lot of other cars from that area, but other then the messerschmitt the Belcar has 12 inch wheels.

Here are a couple of pics of my Belcar: https://www.flickr.com/photos/19867693@N03/albums/72157659494809559

Does anyone recognize the rear axle ? Any other "more" successful car then the Belcar using the same rear axle ?

thanks for any help
Oliver
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Belcar - rear axle
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:31:44 PM »
VERY VERY alike but not the same . This is the Bruetsch Pfeil also with KNOTT brake plates and ATE hydraulics . The same ancestor , hmmm have I a spacer missing on mine , in which case they are very similar but I still don't know where they are from , what is wrong with yours ?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:30:47 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 07:20:06 AM »
Knott made up units for various trailers, lastenrollers and such. As to other car manufacturers I do not know.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 07:36:07 AM »
what is wrong with yours ?

the axle is badly worn and was welded. See picture...

Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 07:43:59 AM »
Is the welding part of the original fabrication or possibly sub-standard parts being reclaimed during manufacture.  Rather than thrown away?