Author Topic: Progress Supreme  (Read 2504 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Progress Supreme
« on: November 18, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
what do we know of these other three wheelers listed
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Progress Supreme
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:46:21 PM »
There are two maybe three known, Jean has one of them plus Bob P. built a great copy. There are also articles in older copies of RumCar News. I owned one in 1976 now hidden away somewhere. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:53:38 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 03:47:28 PM »
what do we know of these other three wheelers listed

Chris Rees's book "Three Wheelers A-Z" mentions (under "Hostaco Bambino Sport", a Netherlands-special open top version) that the Fuldamobil saloon was sold under the name Hostaco Bambino in the Netherlands, so that might be the connection?

The Tourette was of course produced by the Progress Supreme Co. Ltd, and therefore perhaps sometimes called the "Tourette Supreme"?

Chris's book also mentions (under "Tourette") that "A second three-wheeled model, the Car-ette, was stillborn".  Sounds like it had a Schmitt-type layout, so shame I couldn't find a photo!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 04:22:15 PM »
Yes indeed Rob I think we will all know of the Tourette , it was particularly the carette and the hostaco , the latter I know again but I made no connection to British sales at all , did they ever sell any at all ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977