Author Topic: Has the forum stalled?  (Read 3006 times)

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
Has the forum stalled?
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:39:43 PM »
This by way of a test, really - is it just me who finds no postings at all for three days?

a1city

• Just Starting
Re: Has the forum stalled?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:00:20 PM »
for all of our sakes lets really hope not!!

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »
iits like a Telly you change channels   :-X...
Bob's yer' uncle  :o

(ps , Dave me TA's bent again its another G one - never had bother from the 8'' one , the sindle snapped last time 2003 whilst leaving Morcambe )
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:50:29 PM by plas man »

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 10:51:11 PM »
Lots of fascinating stats on the statistics centre. Inevitably with a second english-language forum covering exactly the same field, there has been some fall-off in the number of posts, especially as the other forum is run by Bob who was previously the most prolific poster on this forum! 
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »
ive really noticed the forum not being as busy as it was when I first joined

messyman

• messerschmitt kr200, frisky, isetta 300
  • Quite Chatty
  • messyman motors
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 12:10:02 AM »
Probably because I not been on here much lol na only messing  :D
messyman restorator of rust relics vw or bubblecars
www.vw-specials.forumotion.com
Messerschmitt kr200 x2 ,frisky family 3 mk1 shell,isetta 300 lhd chassis, vw polo,vw caddy mk1 , t4 , mini , my dad has 2x Messerschmitt kr175

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 07:24:03 AM »
Forums do tend to have quiet spells and this is one of them!
I have been very busy recently and less time to call in here, also it is nearly Christmas and people are busy preparing!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »
Well, the many resposes to my question show that people are visiting and reading - but just needed something to say!

That's good  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 08:38:13 AM »
If your not doing something Micro, busy elsewhere so not looking at snippets of info, then you have little to post. So we all look to see if someone else has done something. While its not cold its not been the most attractive weather to be out in.

Here, Chrimbo can go bury itself. I object to its total commercial exploitation. Black Friday, indeed. An insult to our traditions by selling us some one else’s. Christmas is back to a two day holiday, with or without religion as it takes you, for most of the folk I know. They are going to have holidays when the days are longer and the weather allegedly better, instead of being pressured into wasting them at a dull time of year.  Maybe its another split, with Christmas being a townie/urban thing about status, while out in the country we get on and enjoy the social side on the day with the Mummers, the biggest hunt of the year and a classic car meet and greet on Boxing Day.

I am doing something, clearing a property of Micro related items, by contract, Sadly I am not going too talk that much about it till its done, as history proves that folk will dive in on the side to poach items. Had a Messerschmitt visit on Monday, which was fun.

The BUMS will be meeting up at New Year for goodness knows what. But I can see the comtesse doing a few circuit and bumps, maybe some others.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »
I find it difficult to contribute to many threads on here, as they tend to concentrate on the more obscure marques of micro car, which is understandable bearing in mind the forums title. I just don't know much about them, as my main interest was the Isetta, with some interest also in KR200's, as my dad owned one back the early '60's.

1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 02:47:23 PM »
That is what makes this Forum fun and exciting- learning about unusual micro cars that you are not familiar with!  You can usually supplement your new found interests via a trip to Wilkepedia / a look up in a good Micro car reference book such as Microcar Mania by Chris Reese, or an on line check of the information amassed in the still active Bruce Wiener Museum website, or simply a Google search on the make in question.
The more unusual / obscure the make - often the more interesting / bizarre the engineering and appearance.

Hence more fun for everyone. ;)

Check out my forthcoming posts on "D Day" for 8 examples of same. :D