Author Topic: Rumcar News 127  (Read 2255 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Rumcar News 127
« on: December 10, 2015, 09:23:05 AM »
Dear Rumcar News Readers

I am pleased to tell you that the printed magazines for Issue 127 went out in the post last night and the digital issues will be sent out this evening on email.

You will see that there have been some changes made to the layout of the magazine. This has been made possible as we have change printers and the new digital printers allow edge to edge printing, which allows me to increase the size of the images.

You will also notice that the subscription rates for 2016 will not change from 2015, which has been as a result of changing printers. Also all subscriptions and magazine distribution are handles by me (Chris Thomas), as Jean has passed over the responsibility to me.

In this issue there are articles about the Piaggio Ape, Ligier, Dalaney Chausson, The National and much much more, as they say.

I hope you like the changes and I look forward to hearing from you all in the New Year.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Rumcar News 127
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »
Hopefully like the prior air cooled, with optional sunroof edition had. Not drifting of into the modern water cooled 700cc BIS nonsense.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:37:14 PM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »
Dear Big Al

Thank you for your comments. As a non-reader and non believer in subscribing to Rumcar News you may not spot the improvements. I was hoping that by telling you that things had improved we could tempt you to let the moths out of your wallet.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 05:58:38 PM »
Wow Chris! I think the new mag looks miles better. Great articles from writers to numerous to mention,  sharp pictures & colours look much better defined and an extremely rare car for sale as well! If the postage weight is unaffected it could do with a slighty heavier weight paper for the cover - (mine was a bit dented), but I expect that's part & parcel of the deal with the printer. Keep up the good work.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 09:38:57 PM »
Dear Malcolm

Postage weight is critical and the address sheet is part of the printers package, which has affected the front cover paper weight, slightly. I will see what options we have after the next issue.

Glad you like the new layout.

There are a few Typos in this issue and two are in the Gordon Advert - Whoops.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 01:46:09 PM »
Received my copy eventually today after being addressed and sent to no: 15 instead of 51 Vic. Rd. and Polegate missing an e. Must now have a good read.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »
Dear Rob

Thanks for the slapped wrist. I have corrected my database entry. Should be OK from now on.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 02:54:36 PM »
A good club mag should be kept in the car , extra pages are great  , may come in handy if you get cut short on the rally field and need the paper ..

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »
Dear Plas Man

The new paper is a little harder than the old stuff and is a bit like Bronco. Also when wet the ink softens and you may find you have a colour imprint of a Be-Up on your right cheek. Also the staples can tear the skin..... Painful. Not recommended.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 11:11:08 PM »
Hi Chris
You are to be congratulated on the "new look" RumCar News, Its a refreshing move from the old layout and  in its self an excellent information vehicle and central point of contact for us all. (in the absence of a National Club/Association)
The Microcar fraternity would be a lot the poorer with out it. By giving it our support we  do ourselves a favor

John

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »
Dear John

Thank you for your comments and support.

With the help of everybody in the microcar world we can make it even better.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News