Author Topic: Sportiva  (Read 1160 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Sportiva
« on: December 30, 2015, 12:50:01 AM »
I was intrigued by this auction, not so much just by the car itself, but more the question of whether or not you could get an unregistered 1950s/60s kit car like the Sportiva registered, assuming you built it up using parts from a suitable 1950s/60s donor car. Bit hypothetical with something this old and unusual, but there are still quite a few unfinished kitcar projects out there from the 1970s and 80s.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-rare-Ashley-Laminates-Sportiva-/161923081438?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Sportiva
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:15:05 AM »
This is why having an old logbook for such things is a boon. I have a wonderful V5 for a Ford Special. That could be pretty much anything. Some are more specific, great if the car exists still. Of course if they go prior to 1960 then its even better still. So a minus point for no logbook. Trouble is these old specials are being pulled into the bottom end of classic motorsport as an entry. That has put prices up. Most of the finished cars done to come in at the back of the pack look bloody awful to me. Neither one thing, nor another. I always wanted a Turner or Fairthope Electron. Yet to see one I would like to own, at a price I can make it the way I want it. So pretty much forgotten the idea.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs