Author Topic: Happy Christmas  (Read 2453 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Happy Christmas
« on: December 25, 2015, 08:26:26 AM »
I look forward to cleaning up a rebuilt, but stored, Sachs 200 engine on the table in front of the fire later on. Deep contentment, and it looks a little like a turkey wrapped in foil, when complete with its cowls. Boxing Day could be dynostart moving day, depending on the weather. A micro dominated Christmas as the Messerschmitt is in the kitchen. Have a good one.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Happy Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 09:35:51 AM »
What's for Christmas dinner? Sachs 200 with an engine oil gravy!

Happy Christmas everyone!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »
Hope everyone had a good one !

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:39:58 AM »
First rebuilt Sachs engine was a bit of a curates egg. A fin-less head. But a 10.2 cylinder, also missing a fin. I can live with that for the better cylinder design. Its 65.5mm (fist overbore) in good condition. The same cannot be said for the piston. Its clearly had a gudgeon clip fail and has the bruises to prove it. The rings are old. Bottom end looks good enough though. Reused crank, but it feels very good. I wonder if it were a part rebuild bought in and completed by the owner. As an owner you might re use the piston, cleaned up with new rings. Its less likely to be included by a person selling as its not going to perform very well as it is. So I hold no grudge against the alleged engine builder and the issues are simple enough for me to change as I have the stock.

Knocking down the other one now, same builder, different source. So that will be interesting. I can then offer my client the choice of which unit he would like. (Both are Bosch engines. I am choosing to run Siba as all my cars to keep are early, save the 7000 mile '63 car. I have no planes to drive that one. Just to stabilise and mothball the car as a collectors item. THus I need only bother about one type of spare.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs