Author Topic: 7 Mystery Micros in a tin.  (Read 8820 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: 7 Mystery Micros in a tin.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 07:03:17 PM »
With all cars properly accounted for, and myself a bit more informed to boot, as promised, here is the most proper line up that would fit in a frame.
Not to be confused with the Circus coming to town.
Pictures looked much better before I had to compress them to get them on the forum.
However, now when I click on the image identification nomenclature I get a message asking if I want to replace the download.  When I allow this, and open in a viewer that pops up as a suggestion - the picture goes to full frame, and seems clear enough.
I hope this option is available to the rest of the Rumsters out there.
My apologies if not.
Helpful suggestions always welcomed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:44:23 AM by steven mandell »

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 07:28:38 PM »
Helpful suggestions to restore picture quality will be welcomed.

That's a great-looking line-up!

I'm assuming there's a size limit on posted photos?  If so, I suggest the best thing would be to crop the originals so that unimportant areas (eg above and below the cars) don't use up the allowance, and the important areas can then remain fully detailed.

Hope that helps

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 12:12:15 PM »
Photos worked fine here Steve. A fantastic line-up. Thanks for posting!  :)
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 07:24:52 PM »
Interesting place. Looks like the edge of drained land, with a carpark behind. Leading to the sort of place only microcars would get stored. The first line of defence, the unlikely storage address!

A slice of French fantasy in California. Can California hack it?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 04:03:41 PM »
Indeed, I have a legal right to use the private road that parallels this narrower Flood Control owned  access to my barn property that is but 1/4 mile from my home.   I use this more stealthy entrance when wishing to avoid possibly troublesome complications that might be generatable from overly nosey neighbors inquisitions.

Although I am breaking no laws that I am aware of, it cannot hurt to have my barn off the maps due to its creation before the inception of legislation that requires this.
It is also nice that many people that I know who live nearby, have driven past my barn for decades, but have yet to notice it.

I left out the following picture so as to avoid making easier the suggestion that perhaps my train of French clown cars would be better off using the lowermost concrete lined path.

Denis

• Occasional
    • http://www.microcarfan.com
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 06:58:25 PM »
This is pictures of bottom seat ( easy to do):

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »
Worth a hundred words.
How thick the foam?
How thick the plywood?
On mine the panel that stands on its edge and lies betwixt the right and left bulk heads that form the seat base plate's side supporting surfaces is made of carpeted thin plywood that is attached by screws to these torque boxes.
On yours, the analogous panel seems to be  unattached, at least on the end furthest from the camera.
What is going on here?
Am I correct in assuming that your seat bottom cushion has been replaced?