Author Topic: 7 Mystery Micros in a tin.  (Read 8772 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
7 Mystery Micros in a tin.
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »
Yes they are packed in like sardines, so you'll need both keen powers of observation, as well as familiarity with the tiny tots to score a correct guess.
Questions will be answered, but relative positioning in the container needs to be specified in order to be granted credit for a correct guess.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: 7 Mystery Micros in a tin.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 06:19:00 PM »
From the one nearest the camera back to the rear,  I'd guess Acoma Comtesse Break, Bellier Veloto Type A (or BL), Allcars Charly, Teilhol Citadine, SEAB Flipper 1, SEAB Flipper 2, Veloto C10S.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 07:32:42 PM »
Good educated guesses on 4 of the 7.
Particularly impressive that you got the Comtesse Break from the snippet provided.
However there are no Velotos in the tin.
Hint..- look at the rear shot of the second closest and the front snippet of the rearmost vehicles to see your errs.
Also both Flippers are Flipper 1's, but one has the deluxe extra layer of protuberant plastic bumpers overlying the identical looking direct body mounted inner ones, and also has the deluxe trunk added to the rear of its plastic body.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:52:25 PM by steven mandell »

Denis

• Occasional
    • http://www.microcarfan.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »
Dear Steven and all,
For me, from the front to back :
Acoma Comtesse Break, Ligier JS, Snuggy, Teilhol Citadine, SEAB Flipper 1, SEAB Flipper 1, Comtesse berline.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 09:34:06 PM »
No fair... your French, and have actually had the benefit of seeing these on your roads. ;)
Actually, it is great to have you on board, as even though I am the owner, I cannot find anything on the internet that conclusively identifies all the iterations of Acoma Comtesses.  Lets just say for now, that considering that it has but three wheels. I think that proper designation should qualify it as something more specific than simply a "Berline".
Can you please point me to a complete compendium of all models of Acoma, so I can answer this and similar questions in the future?
This particular Sans Permis, came sans front bonnet and lower (horizontal section of its seat-  so more for me to solve.

Only half credit for your Ligier JS answer, as you have not identified the number that comes after it yet.

Thanks for contributing.
Steve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:48:39 PM by steven mandell »

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:13:57 PM »
Ligier JS4 - I was convinced that was a fabric roof when I looked before! I'd have never have got that Comtesse Berline. Hope we're going to see a proper line-up now?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:16:29 PM by Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker) »
Malcolm

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 10:50:16 PM »
As soon as someone gets the model of Comtesse identified correctly. ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 11:37:42 PM »

I would hedge the Liger being a JS6? Meanwhile the Comtesse has to be a 1978-1980 Comtesse 3, Model 770.

Can you please point me to a complete compendium of all models of Acoma, so I can answer this and similar questions in the future?

I'm working on it....  ;)  For the past few months I've been nibbling away at all sorts of odd corners of the Comtesse story ready to do the first English-language history of them, and have already dug up several interesting items that should finally and properly detail the year-by-year history of the Mini-Comtesse in particular.... 

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 12:52:25 AM »
Hey Stew, glad to have you chiming in.
Malcolm got the JS 4 part correct.
The Comtesse is a three wheeled Super.  I don't know what sub nomenclature is involved here.
Please enlighten us as to how the whole tangled mess is supposed to be sorted.
Coincidentally I am working on it in my barn at this moment.   Just received a proper replacement fuel tap in the post, and am attaching it and a low restriction mini filter to a new fuel line.
Amazing in that with no fuel pump, it had 6 leaks in its only 14" length when I first turned on the old tap.

I'll send a picture of the bonnetless seatless wonder just as soon as I am finished messing with it today.
Thanks,
Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 02:13:04 AM »
I'm working on it....  ;)  For the past few months I've been nibbling away at all sorts of odd corners of the Comtesse story ready to do the first English-language history of them, and have already dug up several interesting items that should finally and properly detail the year-by-year history of the Mini-Comtesse in particular....
Looking forward to it.  :)  It's difficult to tell from these photos, but I thought the flat bit beneath and in front of the front screen looked wrong for a Comtesse.
Malcolm

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 03:01:12 AM »
Here find a picture of my proboscis free example.
Detailed view is of an apparently non sensibly aligned choke cable orientation as found.
I have loosened the coil mountings, but it still seems to unavoidably interfere with the typically expected path of a cable pull to increase choke arrangement.

Anyone know if its the housing that is supposed to push the rusty lever from the opposite direction instead.
I couldn't find a close up picture or diagram for this model to be able to definitively answer this question for myself.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:04:42 AM by steven mandell »

Denis

• Occasional
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
Hope this picture can help you...

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:58 PM »
Stewart rides in on a white horse and saves the day!!
Your excellent picture makes it obvious that mine came with the wrong carb.
I was suspicious that so late a production vehicle would come with only an inlet screen as an air filter.  I don't suppose that you would know where any of these could be available.
Your choke cable obviously descends vertically to a control tab that is below the carb and out of view.
I also notice that the coil is mounted more horizontally.
Shouldn't be too hard to come up with some other mounting for it that preserves its anti shock mounting aspect, but allows for a direct choke cable routing, now that I know that the stock set up would be impossible.

THANKS!! :D :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:43:44 PM by steven mandell »

Denis

• Occasional
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »
Other pictures possible if necessary!
And for more infirmations about Acoma my site : http://www.microcarfan.com/index.php/marques
Is your  front bonnet missing?

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 10:41:53 PM »
Thank-you Dennis!
Your picture confirms by a vote of 2 to zero that mine has the wrong carburetor.
I also appreciate your very informative website  information.
Now I finally know what I have - a hoodless type 770 Comtesse (not Mini Comtesse) with no seat bottom , or air filter, with the wrong carburetor.
But I can't feel too bad about it as I only paid 180 euros for it!

Any of these parts still available?
If not, I'll just have to be more creative..

As long as you are asking - a picture of the missing seat bottom would be much appreciated. :)