Author Topic: Coronet  (Read 3986 times)

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Coronet
« on: January 08, 2016, 01:06:53 PM »
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Coronet
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 02:12:26 PM »
Thanks for that Steve

If you look at all the images you get the impression that the brakes were not very good, seeing as the brake pedal has snapped. Nothing like standing on the brakes!!

Chris Thomas

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »
This car is on the Register but the owner is unknown, it was one of two that went to Holland in the 80's with Jan Van Stratten and resold to an unknown buyer in June 1987.  It would be nice to relocate its current owner. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:39:25 AM »
Thanks for that Steve

If you look at all the images you get the impression that the brakes were not very good, seeing as the brake pedal has snapped. Nothing like standing on the brakes!!

Chris Thomas

No worries, but I'm not Steve!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:09:36 PM »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 07:24:04 PM »
I have a petrol filler cap , if any one is looking for a badge £'s

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »
Jan spent a few days with me over the period of the National Rally when he was smitten with buying Coronets. Not really sure I ever quite understood his thinking, but I believe he had three in the end. This one is a pretty good project, depends if you want to pay the money. Jan certainly was disappointed at the performance after he bought, we tried telling him. One of his cars my well be around with an attempt. or complete with. an alternative engine. I do know he did not keep the excess ones long and when I next met him he was into Velorex, a model of long association. This he found much more to his liking to drive. 'Prima. prima!'  he would cry. It was at that time I first visited his unusual house, as I was just up the road in Lemmer. Jan had 'phases'. Another time he suddenly went into Bonds and joined the club, gaining at least 3 Bond MkA/B. One of those turned up for sale like this Coronet, for sale pretty much untouched. Another went to Switzerland to flirt with alteration to electric power. It would seem someone has soaked up the influx of 'extra' cars in Friesland/Holland and is perhaps choosing now to let the stuff out into the now more bouyent market. If so I predict a few Berkeleys might appear in this same sort of condition.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs