Author Topic: NATIONAL MICROCAR RALLY 2016  (Read 30474 times)

chrispbug

• Occasional
NATIONAL MICROCAR RALLY 2016
« on: January 10, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »
Thu 08-09-2016 to Sun 11-09-2016
National Microcar Rally

Venue: Lower Lacon Caravan Park
Venue Address: Wem Shropshire SY4 5RP
www.llcp.co.UK
We're very pleased to announce that the 2016 NMCR will be organised by Alison McCarthy of the Heinkel Trojan Club from 8th - 11th September 2016. The rally will be based at Lower Lacon Caravan Park, Wem, Shropshire, SY4 5RP.

This site offers superb facilities including first class toilets and showers along with electric hook ups, a site shop, cash machine and even an open air heated swimming pool!

We will be based in our own area of this large site with separate entrance. Evenings will be spent in JAKKS barn with full bar and entertainment on the Saturday evening.

Road runs to local places of interest are being planned for the Friday and Saturday. Please check back soon for costs and further details, but get the dates in your diary now.

The National MicroCar Rally (or "NMCR") is held once a year, normally on the first weekend in September. It’s when microcar enthusiasts meet to chat, swap spares, show off their cars, and drive them to visit the surrounding area. For anyone interested in microcars, it’s a great opportunity to see a bit of motoring history, in action.

Please check www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk for further details

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:21:45 AM by Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker) »

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
Re: NATIONAL MICROCAR RALLY 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »
Thats great now misses Dorset will now be able to  come
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 05:17:57 PM »
Excellent.  Looks like the NMCR should be heading from strength to strength.

Nice changes to the NMCR website, too, Malcolm!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:52:50 PM »
Thanks Dave! I hope everyone likes the new website design, still some technical issues to resolve for mobiles, but hopefully should work on most equipment and browsers OK and get better as I iron out the bugs. I'm particulalry keen to add more pictures onto the historical pages in due course, so do please get in touch if you have anything you'd be happy to go on there to share your happy memories - prints slides or digital.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:47 AM »
Its Wembubbly, for the cup.

Wem in Shropshire, do as the Shropies. Well we will find out. The Trienkelnauts have ever been the backbone of the National, sadly almost in tandem with the MEC once upon a time, but the MEC has gone to sleep somewhere behind the sofa. So very little Schmitty input now, leaving all the others to do what they can too.

This spot is far enough away from Weston to be new territory, so probably more exciting with unvisited places to go. Almost Wales - hmm. A well sorted car and a nice day in the week, the A5 beckons a raid on Snowdonia! Steam boat on Elsmere I was going to buy with a chum as a business opportunity. Wonder if that brilliant transport cafe is still on the Whitchurch road. Great place to get breakfast. Nice man bought an NSU RO 80 off me. Yep, lots to do round there.

As I suspected Beaulieu have remained forward a week from their old traditional date. So one can assume this is now the new traditional date. So a bit of a clearing of date clashes there. I can think of about 5 folk who will be directly effected by that, to the benefit of the National. Unless folk choose to attend the Goodwood Revival meeting of motor car racing, a rather different interest, the calender is pretty clear, I think.

A great event to push at our Irish friends, as its reasonable distance for two ports, Birkenhead and Holyhead.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 11:01:27 PM »
If you haven't visited the NMCR rally website in a while and you are intending to book a pitch for this years event, please visit the site for important booking information. Thanks!

http://www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk/

Malcolm

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 07:20:42 AM »
Wem gen men. Seems that Wem town has a ghost mystery to be investigated. I wonder if that is an optional extra midnight excursion to the itinerary?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
Just booked my trailer so I can bring a couple of cars and camping gear , who else is going and what cars ?

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:44:29 PM »
Hoping to be there with my Bond
Malcolm

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 07:44:25 AM »
I look to be going, but not sure quite with what, and how. Reality is the Messerschmitt is not going to be ready till next year. Likewise there is a lot of technical work to do on the Autobianchi, which intially looked quite an easy job. Sadly its restorers botched the opportunity with a few howlers . That requires that I need to pay two differing out workers money to resolve the problems. When doing buildings up, that budget does not exist. But it will be going next year. Will the next barn find Messerschmitt be on the road and running? MIght be, but experience shows these cars sell quite quickly once I have them ready. Besides it would not be a car I would readily trust to drive 140 miles unsupported straight away.

So it looks like a day visit, as I cannot really make the most of Saturday to cover the cost of a dog watcher and camping unbooked. That means trying to fill the car up with interested folks. No idea what Stuart is doing. But if the noshed Type 70 is still here it might be we shove that on a trailer and proceed to annoy people. Or I could bring up some spares to sell. Been a very long time since I did an autojumble stand.

3horsepower

• Occasional
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 04:34:24 PM »
Michael & Jamie (Cook) have booked accommodation on the campsite for the National & intend to take Jamie's Heinkel with them, as it is now back on the road!  Sadly someone has to stay at home to look after the farm but on the plus side, at least I will get to watch what I want on TV for a whole weekend!  :)
Lesley x
Lesley 3 horse power Cook:)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 01:34:44 PM »
Hi all, I've just updated the front page of the site with details of the NEC Classic Motor show & details of the 2016 NCMR review meeting.

http://national-microcar-rally.co.uk/index.html
Malcolm

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »
Dear All

Like last year, I will be manning the Rumcar tent (Gazebo) at the National on the Sunday, to provide a meeting place for all the people who are interested in more than one make of Microcar.

This year, along with the usual stack of Rumcar News back issues and this years magazines for those late subscribers, I will also have a few copies of Robin Spalding's excellent book British Motor Scooters 1946-1970. These have been donated to Rumcar by Robin and are the very last copies in existence. There will not be a reprint, so once they are gone, they are gone.

I will also be throwing out a few issues for discussion, as in theory you are all part of Rumcar and as such the National is a good venue to get your collective opinion.

Please make a point of coming and introducing yourself, so we can all put a face to a name.

I look forward to seeing you all, or at least some of you, on Sunday 11 September at the National

Chris Thomas
Rumcar news

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 08:38:18 PM »

I do sometimes wonder Chris who is the theoretical member. Come to the whole rally! Bring a microcar!  :D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »
Dear Bob

Good to see you back on the Rumcar Forum

As Rumcar is not a club I carefully did not use the word Members.

You are quite correct in thinking that the Friday and Saturday are designed for microcar enthusiasts with a roadworthy microcar to explore the countryside. For those of us who have to work and are without access to a road worthy microcar, Friday and Saturday are not the same. However we will not stop those of you with a suitable vehicle from having the fun of the open road. Make the most of it while you can.

I look forward to seeing you on your return on Saturday afternoon.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News