Author Topic: Looking for Piaggio Ape Coffee Cart  (Read 4249 times)

g76pp

• Just Starting
Looking for Piaggio Ape Coffee Cart
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:44:16 AM »
Alright guys, my name's Tony and I live in London, UK. I'm after a Piaggio Ape Coffee Cart for me and my wife's cafe business so thought I'd join up the forum to see if anyone knows a good place to buy one and what to look out for?

Thanks, Tony

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Looking for Piaggio Ape Coffee Cart
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 09:54:59 AM »
D A Classics
South East London

tel: 07950338604     

As on Car and Classic, the rarer box backed version, which is I assume what you need.  These guys are importing so they might have access to ready made versions. All lots of dosh, but there you go.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:09:53 PM »
Talked to the owner of a fairly modern one that was actually selling coffee at one of the events in Monterey last August.

g76pp

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Yes it would be the boxed back version that I'd need. I have found one at a for sale auction in black for £4,200 with a coffee machine included and have been emailing the seller but there hasn't been a handshake yet as I wanted to weigh-up my options. This one's over in Sutton so its not too far from where I live being collection only. I'll give DA Classics a call for sure as sounds like they might have what I'm after. Thanks Big Al

Tony.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:30:48 AM »
A lot of money for a coffee maker.
Are you intending to go into the mobile coffee sales business?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 11:09:07 AM »
Coffee outlets are the big thing over here. A cup costs about 5p each to create and seems folk will pay about £3 for them, especially if they have shaving foam in. Faringdon has a Costacoffee now. It is full of folk, not least the Mum's who have offloaded their kids at school. Shows how profitable children are in our handout economy. But if the market is there, and the prospect of good business, who am I to knock it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »
Sounds like we are both in the wrong business.
Pig Ape coffee cart franchise partners?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 04:48:12 PM »
Still hard work, there is competition and Gov clipboards to deal with.

I prefer Rock Ape Coffee.

Heavy metal, my Russian friend?
Polonium please.

An R and B, Sir?
Only if its traditional Southern Slave, matey.
Oh yes. Freshly whipped.

Pop?
Sadly no, mam, Only Barrs Irn Brew, made from Girders

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 06:01:52 PM »
There's usually half-a-dozen Ape coffee carts on Ebay, plus several companies eager to sell you a custom made vehicle as a franchise, buying the vehicle is the easy bit! I'd approach a few current and former owners to find out a few of the pitfalls, probably finding decent pitches and keeping them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:56:16 PM by Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker) »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »
To buy a franchise is to have your overheads fixed. I bet it would not be 5p a cup then. But the pitch problem is a good point. There have been ice cream wars and burger stand wars. We had a series of incidents round here when the local Mazzotta family were challenged on there plots. It got nasty in tradition Italian fashion with burger vans going up in smoke all over the place. I believe the locals won the day.