Author Topic: Peel on youtube  (Read 4537 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Peel on youtube
« on: April 23, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »
Hi mates look at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ub5rBdrE4
Cheers

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Peel on youtube
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:56:19 PM »
Hummm, nice bit of film that. I notice it has "with pirmision of someone or other". Were they being filmed professionally then????? Where, who & when? This film cheered me up when I must admit I was sitting here today a bit dejected-like becuse of two things yesterday. First that "Elogy for an Elswick Envoy" programme totally failed to list me in any shape or form in the creadits even though it was me who supplied them with every bit of conveyance detail used in the film, and it was also me who pointed them in the direction of the Wroughton Science Museum in the first place.

Secondly, I couldn't get the Comtesse out for Drive-it Day. We had some mush looking at buying one of Dad's tractors, half an hour it was meant to take. SIX HOURS LATER and he still hadn't buggered off. Such is the space round our house, only one vehicle can do anything at any one time. In the usual couse of events we still have to move two-&-a-half tons of Lister Autotruck to get to the Comtesse, but now we had the tractor blocking it in as well. So no drive for me that day. I wouldn't have minded so much, but for there being so very little point for me to actully drive anything at all much these days, only to miss one of the few days when there actully was some point. Ho hummm. What did everyone else do for Drive-It Day?

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »
Just a bit more i reckon !  ;D ;D ;D

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »
Hi Stuart

I saw the "Elegy" film on Sunday morning and enjoyed it immensely.  Sorry that you weren't given due credit but we all knew who was really behind the programme, didn't we chaps?  I thought that Nancy was a really gutsy lady who did a great job with the film and I was pleased that the Envoy found an appreciative home at Wroughton.  Does anyone know if they still have open days there?  What a trip that would be!

I spent most of the day on the M25 in the BX which probably doesn't count for Drive-It Day but I did take the Garelli Mosquito for a spin round the town as a token effort to raise a few smiles.  I'd hoped to get the Tuk Tuk up to the Transport Museum but, being on a run of nights, my body cried "Enough already with the driving!" (funny, I don't look Jewish) and I didn't make it that far.

Next year perhaps.

Regards et bises a tous
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

witney44

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:34:35 PM »
Just realized what I.C.I. stands for ...... Increasingly Cantankerous Individual. >:(  I think Stuart knows who I mean.  ;D
I wouldn't like to be behind the Peel driver if he muddles up his hand signals! His left turn looks as if he's patting a hampster! Nice to see my old EME again. ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:42:52 PM by witney44 »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 12:29:32 AM »
Muddeling up the hand signals is very weird to drive the Peels in Germany. As, don't forget, we driving on the other side of the road, and we can't give propper hand signals, coz you can't open the window of the door.
I don't mind anyway, i do  love the Peels as they are!
 :) :) :)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »
Ooh, that's a good idea Bob. Lets all go pat a Hampster! Instead of Drive-It Day, Pat-It Day!!! Or is it only Peel owners that can do that? 

;D ???

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:31:02 PM »
217 views on youtube ! ;D  It seems the Peel is rather popular nowadays.
Probably the most famous miccrocar whatsoever.
Who cares, everybody wants one  :D