Author Topic: IC parts news  (Read 4680 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
IC parts news
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:58:36 AM »
With the shock news that Stuart is no longer going to head up the ICR, it slightly changes things with the latest IC find. We need to see who, if anyone, is to complete the take over the administration of the ICR, leaving Stuart to consolidate his records and the archive he has created. This he then might make available to serious enquirers via the new ICR bod. Part of his withdrawal means the end of the backing finance plan put in place, and I am left dealing with the logistics of several finds, though only concrete boots will stop Stuart coming along to help. My intention was to pass these through the ICR, but currently that is not going to work too well as the ICR is deactivated. (Up to date information I have is there are two possibilities as to who heads up the ICR. So its looking hopeful. Not sure if I fit in either change, so for the moment all prior promises are to be honoured and we see where this goes)

Anyway the point of this post is to say that having made a partial collection of more IC and related stuff, I am in possession with some, various new and used spares. Mostly for Type 70, but also some Mk12, 14 and 15 stuff, and even Tippen. Not really sorted yet, but certainly a pretty fair idea of what is going to be available. No dash moulding in complete state, but the parts to fit. Wheels, Salisbury drive belts, Salisbury bits, speedo cables, pulley belts, engine mounts, couple of usable exhausts, Some interior. More to come yet.

There will be a couple of Mk12 E Invacars available to restore. We are not sure if there will be a Type 70 yet. A priority order, possible owner, has yet to decide if he wishes to take it on. If he does not, I am tempted to restore it, as they just are not turning up like they were 5 years ago.

Still two leads to chase to earth on further stashes of IC. Its like it used to be when I first started hunting Microcars. I do not really want most of the cars but it is the fun of finding them, dragging all the stuff out and then trying to salvage as many viable projects from the stuff collected. All beating the Scrap Man and making it possible for more folk to enjoy a hobby. Such activity my Dr says I should not be doing...... Who else is going to bother at the moment? In 5 years when values have moved further, it will be to late.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:22:20 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Develooments outside the ICR
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:31:11 PM »
If you need a belt look no further.  I have 300 of them.  Should keep the remaining 30 or so Model 70's going for a while :)
One day I will get round to cataloging all spares but on the other hand I am tempted to part with all of my cars and spares as a job-lot.

1nclu5ive invacar

• Just Starting
Re: IC parts news
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 11:37:52 AM »
has anyone got an ingition switch or handbook for a 1966 invacar? we are a disability charity looking to get out new project going