Author Topic: Rumcar News 128  (Read 2190 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Rumcar News 128
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:39:33 AM »
Dear Rumcar News Readers

You should get your first dose of Rumcar News falling through your letterbox very soon, as all the printed copies were put in the post last night (8 March)

The digital copies will be sent out this afternoon on email.

I am sorry to inform you that there are still a few readers from last year who have not yet subscribed for 2016 and they may be disappointed when they realise that they have nothing to read.

It is never too late to subscribe as we will send out all the issues back to the beginning of that year.

I do hope you all enjoy reading Issue 128 and look forward to hearing from you with any articles you may have written.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Rumcar News 128
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 06:40:16 PM »
I have received my copy of RCN No.128 today which is a very speedy delivery.  The new thicker plastic envelope certainly protected my copies from harm.
Once again Chris has surpassed himself with so many interesting articles to delve into, there is something for all tastes I feel.  I do like the full colour cover and the pictures on the inside are much better too.
I must thank Chris on all his hard work on our behalf and in mid April he is off on his travels again, this time to Chicago in search of copy for his next offering. I am content that between him, Alastair and Mike Shepherd RumCars is in good hands for the future.  Not to mention the many other enthusiasts in the back ground who assist them in many ways.  Thank you for keeping Edwin's dream alive. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »
Looking forward to my copy!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:48:42 PM »
Dear Rumcar News Readers

Has everybody received their copy of Rumcar News 128?

With silence on the forum I am uncertain if it is quiet because you are all reading RCN 128 from cover to cover, or if it has not yet arrived, and therefore unable to make any comment one way or the other.

I know that all but four people have received their Digital copies of RCN 128 and at least two of you have received your printed issues as I have received emails from you.

I just hope that no news is good news and all the copies have arrived safely.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
It must be disappointing for Chris not to have received any comments about his latest magazine.   But then there seems to have been lack of activity on the Forum in general, does this mean the enthusiasm for microcars is on the wane or are you all too busy preparing your vehicles for the coming season to have time to contribute?  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 02:02:18 PM »
Dear jean
I have received a small number of emails direct, confirming that magazines had arrived OK. Which is good to hear, as I was beginning to think either the printer had not done his job, or the Royal Mail bags had all been hi-jacked and the news suppressed by the BBC. As they say no news is good news.

As far as activity on the forum is concerned, that does not appear to have an effect on Rumcar news, as whilst there is some crossover, in general the readership of the magazine appears to be quite different to that of the forum. It is a case of horses for courses.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar Mews

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 10:44:29 PM »
Well done Chris , as usual a good job !

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »
Thanks Steve

Chris Thomas

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »
Arrived safely her in USA and is a very good edition!
1958 FriskySport