Author Topic: Bond hoods.  (Read 16996 times)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
Re: Bond hoods.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 09:56:11 PM »
The early turk Green Friskysports were  fitted with grey hoods. Malcolm's   FriskySport UUK 421 was a factory car built  for the Monte run, its white hood was non standard and does. not fit the production Sport.
Do you have a problem with FriskySport hoods and thier colours that you need help with?
John

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 11:29:04 AM »
Just checking  to see if Malcolm's spare white hood would be a proper fit on any other car.
So a white hood was historically correct for Malcolm's blueish car, but not for others with body colors of similar hue?
Your last post's reference to the custom nature of Malcolm's car's hood framing, rebrings up an aspect of my previous quest - why make a spare frame, if it properly fits but one car?
If Malcolm borrowed a hood frame to copy, does this mean that he now has a standard frame rather than a custom one like the one that originally came with his non red Sport?
Does this also mean that Malcolm's spare, and presumedly original hood frame would not be a proper fit, or not look to provide the proper supporting profile for the fabric of his white hood on any other car?

I guess the answer to this question depends on where his "spare" frame came from.
Malcolm, feel free to chime in.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:57:39 AM by steven mandell »

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »
Lets get this straight so there is no confusion.
There is no spare frames.
I made two which one was for the red Monte car and the other for the blue car.
They are both the same design which was a copy of a production one i borrowed off a production sport.
I had to shorten the rear spar by 2" to replicate the original Monte specification.
I also shortened the second frame, so the blue sport is the same design as the Monte car.
This was because it allows me to remove the rear section without disturbing the hood.
The hood material on the blue sport is non standard blue mohair but it gives a good fit and looks great.
The correct colour would be grey.
My spare white hood will fit either car and is an asset to me.
The red oxide frame shown in the photo does not belong to me. 
When i purchased the red Monte car it had no hood or frame, seat frame, side screens or bright-work.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 03:32:55 PM »
Thanks for the clarifications.
Was the red car bought from the Isetta Dude in Upland California?

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 03:38:01 PM »
so this guy is seeking a Bond hood , unable to obtain one , he is coaxed into making a hood frame for a Frisky - four wheeler at that !!!
now there are claims that a red Californian Isetta might do the job ...

back on topic please ....

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 03:40:51 PM »
I agree. No more comments.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »
Let's get this straight so there is no confusion.
I have a Frisky Family Three, and a hoodless Frisky Sport.
I have no Bonds or interest in hoods other than for my Sport, which is a closely related concern to the original topic of this thread.
I have no idea why anyone could think that there was a suggestion of compatibility of either a Bond or Frisky hood with any part of any Isetta.

An agreement based on such obviously false presumption is indicative of a desire to withhold further information. 
Therefore you have answered my question.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 07:23:36 PM »
I think this is why i gave up posting  :-X
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »
You have to be frisky to bond.   OK, I'm leaving.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 12:34:25 PM »
Isetta Dude is Greg Huhs, isn't it? He branched out of Isettas, and he was about to restore something else, my memory banks fail to recall what. But he has done a fair bit of work on cars for other people. I assume at some point there was a Frisky involved from what Steve said. Just because he is called Isetta Dude does not preclude him temporarily being a Frisky Dude. Its a nick name. There is no argument basis, unless you want one, or your research base is limited to one or two sites. Greg Hahs is very well known in some quarters. I have no direct contact with him and cannot comment on this other than any general, intelligent research on on-line micro action, he will be thrown up. I believe he has posted Youtube clips too. So a back track might be interesting for Frisky fellows - elsewhere.

Agreed that the topic is Bond soft tops. But Bonds are not as rare or RUM as Frisky. John is a mine of information and worth listening to, so excuse some of us being more interested in the digression. If Bonds had their own home, then there would be less interference from non Bond types, who started to contribute to try and help, then got into there own discussion. Maybe a Bond section is needed, if there is a lack of a Bond forum. RUM can probably accommodate that in the spirit of co operation it normally shows to a lack of a supporting media. That's for others to say, as I do not have the knowledge to comment. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 02:01:18 PM »
Whats Rare Al ? How many Friskies are there , I am not sure . Regarding hoods there are very few Bond A's, very few B's ( different hoods ) C 's two types D's two types erc . Part of Bonds interest is the variety of models but also it means that little has , in the past maybe , remade. Good facebook Page but unfortunately Bob has as yet not seen fit to put hand in pocket 🙂
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
There are 15 soft top friskies left in the world and nearly all have their hood and frames.
Back in 1998 i had a double duck hood and side screens fitted to a mark B bond by Aldridge and not for a lot of money.
Their quality is excellent. I then semi gave it to the Bubble car museum and they sold it at 3 times the price.But that is another story.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »
Thanks   So that makes Friskies as similarly rare as Bond A and , seperately , B . I appreciate there are other links to Bonds - but not the hoods 😉

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
I would propose that Farcebook is not a forum for anything but goldfish who do not value their intellectual property, especially when restricted to a membership. Its is more akin to private chit chat, which Farcebook is free to exploit, should it wish, without permission. Not for me, and others, who value input in a true free spirit of a proper forum, like Bob's site. These may be interrogated for information for free.

I would not ask John to quote the number of Frisky that are the same. Suffice it to say Frisky are rarer than Bond, Who's stats, are they BOC, or total known? If  A and B  are that rare, I have owned about 22% of them. That does not strike me as credible.  If the owners do not want to facilitate free talk, that is their prob. The Frisky folk find happiness here.

I am mortified that there are Hoods involved with Bond driving, but it does answer a few questions. A smoking exhaust of guilt owned by very naughty boys. (he's not the Messiah, you know) ;D
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 06:02:07 PM »
I do not think it matters what is rarer than what but there are certainley more Friskies than Minitruck's 3 possibly 4
1 of which is abroad
The van which has a small hood I think there is only one!
A and B are rare but they come and go on the radar  :D
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble